UKC

NEWS: IFSC Boulder World Cup Vail: Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 11 Jun 2018
The sixth round of the 2018 IFSC Boulder World Cup series took place in Vail, USA last weekend. An influx of USA team climbers shook the final rankings and unseated some of the season's best so far. Shauna Coxsey narrowly missed out on finals, finishing in 7th place, while Aidan Roberts made his first semi-final and achieved his best placing yet - 19th.

Read more
 stp 13 Jun 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Great to see the Pooch win. She is surely the strongest woman climber ever. But climbing is not all about strength. Technique and psychology are key too. In this comp she looked like she put it all together and dominated the event. Will be really interesting to see how she does in lead. Fanny Gibert climbed really well too I thought. She was the only person to do P4 in the semis. Impressive in such a strong field.

Although not reflected in the final I thought Jernej still looked really strong. Cool to see a different first place in the men's. Will be interesting to see how Rei Sugimoto does in the next event.

How long before we see an all Japanese podium? Not far off this time with 4 of the 6 places being taken by Japanese.

stp 14 Jun 2018
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Dmittrii and Rustam are well of the pace these days. Alexey and Ekaterina are the only ones making finals.

So the other question about Vail is what happened to Alex Puccio's closest rival, Ashima? She's old enough to enter senior World Cups now so I was hoping we'd see her at Vail.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...