UKC

VIDEO: Instructional Videos - #16 Lead Belaying

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 11 Apr 2016
Instructional Videos 16 - Lead Belaying, 4 kbIn this series on UKClimbing, we have teamed up with Plas-y-Brenin, the National Mountain Sports Centre, to cover a wide range of basic climbing techniques.. We will be explaining everything from putting on harnesses and tying figure of eights, to building belays and leading.

Read more
 RSC2014 02 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC Articles:

Quite disappointed with this video, I would expect better from PYB staff having attended courses with them in the past. The lead belaying in this video is incredibly sloppy with his hand holding the dead end continually moving above the belay plate and sliding up the rope. Not best practice, or even good practice.
 Naomi Roberts 26 Jun 2016

Not at all helpful, didn't give me any insight at all.
 rgold 26 Jun 2016

Pretty thin on details. I'm especially surprised at the absence of attention paid to handling half ropes.

To see a more comprehensive attempt (with, however, some cringe-worthy moments as when the party exchanges belay signals while standing next to each other on the ground), have a look at the American Alpine Club's foray into the field (aimed almost entirely, however, at gym and sport climbing). youtube.com/watch?v=Ky4DMg74lR4&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...