UKC

NEW ARTICLE: INTERVIEW: Arnaud Petit - Black Bean

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 21 Sep 2011
Arnuad Petit climbing Black Bean (8b) on natural gear at Ceuse, France, 5 kbEarlier this month UKC reported on French climber Arnaud Petit's traditional ascent of Black Bean, a huge 70m 8b sport route at Ceüse, one of France's most famous limestone cliffs.

The video of the ascent was a huge hit, and we have followed this up with an interview with Arnaud to find out his motivations for climbing this route, as well as his general climbing motivations and ambitions.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=4079

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 21 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC Articles:

Stunning effort.

What make are the cams he is toting, they have a rather odd looking curve to them?

Chris
Removed User 21 Sep 2011

OhMYGODWENEEDANEGRADEPEOPLE!
 Reach>Talent 21 Sep 2011
In reply to Chris Craggs:
Isn't he sponsored by Totem cams?
 JLS 21 Sep 2011

Nice interview. I think I like him. Seems like he's out there doing great stuff yet at the same time very self-aware of his own limitations.

"I am inspired by everyone who is able to forget their tiring every-day-life-obligations to focus on the project of the moment, whatever their climbing level." - Good answer.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 21 Sep 2011
In reply to metal arms:

Interesting, never seen those before, cheers.

Chris
 Reach>Talent 21 Sep 2011
In reply to Chris Craggs:
They've been 'imminent' for about 4 years now but finally seem to be available, they look good for aiding or slightly sketchy placements.
 dror 21 Sep 2011

A frenchman admiring the english spirit.. the diplomacy of climbing..
 Harry Ellis 21 Sep 2011
In reply to Reach>Talent: Soon to be available from Needlesports a little bird tells me.
 franksnb 21 Sep 2011
In reply to thegoatstroker: ypu can get them anywhere direct from the web site.

HEGRADEDITE10
 Gilles 21 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: I was around when he did the route and for the few days before. One thing I'm curious about which had nothing to do with the route is that he, or the guys he was with, knocked down the cairns underneath biographie. Made a hell of a crash and for the life of me couldn't figure out why anyone would do that.
 Brendan 21 Sep 2011
In reply to JLS: Yeah, I liked that quote too.
Great interview ukc, keep it up!
 Franco Cookson 21 Sep 2011

The guy is the epitome of SAGE
Removed User 21 Sep 2011
In reply to franksnb:

DIDheTAPETHEBOLTS?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...