UKC

PHOTO: James Pearson on Gerty Berwick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 17 Feb 2009
As a follow up to our News report: Gerty Berwick repeated by James Pearson

Here is a photo of James on Gerty Berwick, at Ilkley with additional details about this ascent.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=46102
 diff 17 Feb 2009
I've just added a wee video to the Hot Aches blog of James working the line back in Feb 2008.
See:
http://hotaches.blogspot.com/
OP Michael Ryan 17 Feb 2009
In reply to diff:

Thanks Paul.
 orge 18 Feb 2009
In reply to diff:

Great vid. Looks absolutely nails and quite scary as a highball -even if Ryan and James have been pinging off it in (relative) safety!

J
 Wft 18 Feb 2009
In reply to diff: brillaint cheers for that, looks even harder than in pictures.
Gus Mayor 18 Feb 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Both Guys have a rope on but no pro....

How much gear is there?
 Archangel 19 Feb 2009
Yes, I was nearby; yes, I was wearing a beanie and yes by happy coincidence I did happen to be carrying three bouldering mats at the time, however, that does not give anyone the right to leap to conclusions and call me a boulderer!
OP Michael Ryan 19 Feb 2009
In reply to Archangel:

I will change that now. I apologise.

Mick
in Spain
OP Michael Ryan 19 Feb 2009

"He was belayed by Mark, and a nearby climber was recruited as an additional spotter. "

I can change that to your real name if you want a credit as part of the ground protection crew.
 Archangel 19 Feb 2009
I have to say that watching James climb this route was utterly awesome. He made E9 look like HVS, he told jokes mid route and was generally a really cool and sorted guy.

After he climbed his route he took the time to show me the moves on my current project Baby Spice (high ball V7 hence three mats). He of course did it first go and I am now armed with the knowledge (at least) to give it a good bash.

James is a legend an deserves a lot of respect.
 Archangel 19 Feb 2009
> (In reply to Archangel)
>
> I will change that now. I apologise.
>
Thank heavens! People might have recognised my hand from that shot!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...