UKC

NEWS/VIDEO: Kang Nachugo 6,735m - First Ascent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 25 Nov 2008
Joe Puryear and David Gottlieb have made the first ascent of Kang Nachugo (6,735m) in the Himalya. They have described the peak as:

"A visual centerpiece of a major Himalayan valley... a peak that hundreds of trekkers and climbers pass by every year; a peak so prominent, you can view from its summit six 8,000-meter peaks.. this is extraordinary"

Read More (with video): http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=11&year=2008#n45438
 Henry L Buckle 25 Nov 2008
Do visit the page, it's an excellent read.

Henry
 Martin Davies 25 Nov 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: That looks incredible. I'm so inspired to take up winter mountaineering! After Kendal this year, watched David Breashears 'Storm over Everest', wow. Then these photo's and the summit video are just amazing.
Well done! M
Removed User 25 Nov 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: I think this is more exciting than hard grit routes in the overall context. Good stuff, shame about the lack of response, says it all I guess...
 john howard 1 25 Nov 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Inspiring stuff, nice one
James Jackson 25 Nov 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

What fantastic climbing, top stuff!
 orge 26 Nov 2008
The account of the ascent (and accompanying photos) make for amazing reading!

Congratulations guys!

J

niallk 26 Nov 2008

Excellent article, and near crapped masel' just looking at the photos and thinking what it would be like. Thanks for the link Jack.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...