UKC

INTERVIEW: Keri Wallace - Winter Tranter Round FKT

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Lochaber-based running guide Keri Wallace recently fulfilled a long-held ambition to complete Tranter's Round in winter, in the process setting a new women's winter record of 21 hours and 5 minutes. "I honestly had no idea it would take me three years of frustration to find a window that worked" she tells us, in this account of a dream mountain run on which the finishing time came very much second to the overall quality of the experience.

Read more

In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

Super impressive Keri! And those stunning pics almost make me want to try one (no chance - I'd need two full days...)

Sean Kelly 16 Feb 2023

My last visit to the top of Carn Mor Dearg coincided with a guy just coming off the Ben & CMD Arete doing the Tranter Round in microspikes and heavy duty trainers. But it was amazing conditions with firm snow and very settled cold weather. We actually chatted for about 5 minutes which was generous of him considering he was up against the clock.

https://imgcdn.ukc2.com/i/137517?fm=webp&time=1555012426&dpr=1&...

Post edited at 10:03
 timparkin 17 Feb 2023
In reply to Sean Kelly:

> My last visit to the top of Carn Mor Dearg coincided with a guy just coming off the Ben & CMD Arete doing the Tranter Round in microspikes and heavy duty trainers. But it was amazing conditions with firm snow and very settled cold weather. We actually chatted for about 5 minutes which was generous of him considering he was up against the clock.

Cracking photo Sean!

timparkin 17 Feb 2023

Ballachulish is blessed with a few heros! Well done Keri! 

Sean Kelly 17 Feb 2023
In reply to timparkin:

Thanks for your nice comment. A 9 image stitch. Final photograph is a 1.3 gb file, 96 inches wide. I had it printed to 48 inches converted to B&W.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...