UKC

NEWS: Kim Collison and Lisa Watson win the SILVA Northern Traverse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 04 Apr 2022

Kim Collison and Lisa Watson have today won SILVA Northern Traverse, both completing the non-stop 300km race along Wainwright's classic Coast-to-Coast route in record times.

Read more

petegunn 04 Apr 2022
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

A shout out to Scott Newburn who came in 3rd amazing effort especially having to contend with T1D! Time of 50:36:41

Myself and a mate ran it over 5 days a few weeks ago, averaging 38 miles a day but with the luxury of beds and sleep and still found it quite hard! 

Well done to all those that have finished and good luck to those still going! 

In reply to petegunn:

I'll get both podiums updated once the top three women have finished.

Scott put in an amazing effort. Speaks volumes that he finished ahead of the previous record, but still didn't win. It was - after all - an incredibly strong year.

Still impressed by your effort, and enjoyed following it on social media. I'm tempted to do it myself next year, although I'll see how I feel after the Summer Spine. I may just want to go on relaxing beach holidays throughout 2023 to compensate...

petegunn 04 Apr 2022
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Haha cheers Rob, I'll have to enter one of these endurance races one day! Our overall moving time was the same as Scott's but to do it all in a oner is another level!  I think Kim is Scott's coach so watch this space!

Great to see a number of overseas competitors as well this year after everything that's gone on.

Good luck for the summer spine - you'll smash it.

Pete

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...