UKC

/ VIDEO: La Cène du (Roi) Lézard, 9b, by Pirmin Bertle

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
UKC News - on 17 May 2018
Pirmin Bertle sticking the ~8A+ dyno which marks the end of the hard climbing on La Cène du Lézard, 9b, Jansegg, , 4 kbOn 1 Nov last year, Pirmin Bertle made the first ascent of La Cène du Lézard at Jansegg, Switzerland. He calls it his hardest to date and suggests 9b.

Read more
GravitySucks - on 17 May 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Let me save you the trouble,   

The actual climbing starts about half way through this video after a rather badly lit and not very interesting piece to camera, followed by the most incredibly annoying editing style that repeats every move four/five/six times from differnt camera angles in chunks of two or three seconds. I lasted about a minute of this before binning it.

This may be the best route in the world but nothing would possess me to watch this film to find out!  1/10

jon on 17 May 2018
In reply to GravitySucks:

Hmmm, I thought that apart from the rather pretentious first half the climbing footage was superb - especially the all points off dyno. I quite like the different angles. I was disappointed there was only the distant view of the very last section, though...

Dan Arkle - on 17 May 2018
In reply to jon:

from 4min10s    I'd give it 8/10.  

Lo-fi,  but in a good way, a bit jumpy, but edited well to a decent dance track.  Thanks for sharing it.

AndySL - on 17 May 2018

Yep. Incredibly annoying. I lasted a bit longer in the hope that they would stop but they didn't.

wbo - on 17 May 2018
In reply to UKC News:bit too much talk at the start but thought the climbing looked good and was well shot. Good editing to music too (and no folk music )

Robert Durran - on 17 May 2018

> The most incredibly annoying editing style that repeats every move four/five/six times from differnt camera angles in chunks of two or three seconds.

I really hate that kind of stuff, so watched it expecting the worst. Actually I thought the editing was fine - just briefly overlapping shots from different angles. A perfectly acceptable film.

Toccata on 18 May 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Lots of negativity on here. Looks a stunning line on beautiful rock in an amazing location. Climbing looks impressive. Well done that man.

ericinbristol - on 18 May 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Definitely a bit lo fi but even so nice guy, okay chat, stunning location, beautiful route, clear info about how tough it is, nice tune with a theme that fits perfectly with the subject matter. As for the multi-angle repeats of the same move, that worked fine for me. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.