UKC

DESTINATION GUIDE: Llanberis Pass

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 04 Mar 2010
[Top Ten MUST do, 160906, 3 kb]An overview of the rock climbing and bouldering in the Llanberis Pass

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=2508
In reply to UKC Articles:

Like it! Pity I'm stuck at work now you've totally inspired me
 Jack Geldard 04 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: I've just driven down the Pass (didn't get to climb ;-( ) and there are folk climbing in T Shirts on the Grochan, whilst higher up you can spot other folk winter climbing on the Trinity face.

Bring it on!

Jack
 jon 04 Mar 2010
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

Jack, I was amazed (and depressed) to see someone had ticked Right Wall yesterday. Here it's been belting down with snow all bloody week. Sometimes you realise the grass isn't always greener in the French Alps...
 Babika 05 Mar 2010
Excellent article and fantastic pictures!

Just one very small gripe:

Would the "excellent campsite" opposite the Vaynol "charging £3 per head" be the same one that charged me £22.50 a night for my tent a couple of years ago on the grounds that there were 2 adults and 3 children inside and everyone was £4.50 even if you were in 1 tent, or were pint sized?

Hmmmm. Not excellent by my standards and I returned to the frowned-on wild camping next time.

Perhaps an update is necessary to this bit of info!
In reply to Babika:
Anyone else have recent experience of camping costs at the site mentioned?
 mlmatt 08 Mar 2010

£4 per person never seemed that bad to me, but then £8 for a weekends camping when I know two bunkhouses to stay at for £10 seems a bit much. However I've also taken to just biving to save money and encourage me to get going earlier in the day recently.

£22.50 does seem a bit steep to be honest, but then they usually seem to cater for climbers and walkers who have 1 maybe 2 per tent. Charging per tent would only encourage larger groups to come with massive tents and I don't think that's what they want.

On a happier note I had a great (but cold) day climbing on Dinas Mot on Sunday inspired by the Pass artical.
In reply to mlmatt:
> On a happier note I had a great (but cold) day climbing on Dinas Mot on Sunday inspired by the Pass artical.

You were the ones up there! Didn't you notice the sunny side!

Only joking, but it was gorgeous on the sunny side and the crowds weren't nearly as bad as they looked.

Alan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...