UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Lock Down Rock Up

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 31 Dec 2021

This week's Friday Night Video is the short film Lock Down Rock Up featuring Jerome Mowat, a front-line paramedic and rock climber. The film, which won Best Short and the People's Choice Award at Kendal Mountain Festival, follows Jerome as he copes with the global pandemic and how he used rock climbing as an escape.

Read more

TobyA 31 Dec 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Nice! The Deepdale boulder problem - does anyone know if cutting loose and campusing that move is the normal way to do it or is Jerome just showing us what a wad he is? 😀 Put me down as impressed anyway! 💪

Will Rupp 31 Dec 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Great video

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 31 Dec 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Respect - for the climbing and more so for your work in the NHS - for me climbing has always been the only escape,

Chris

Phil Murray 01 Jan 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Thanks - Really good video on many levels - his escape via climbing, the footage,, the amazing work he's done .... which he enjoys ..... also the fact he's  a v good climber but BUT not a Megos / Ondra ...... also, just enjoying climbing. It wasn't that long ago we were often told not to climb at all, lest we "overwhelm the NHS" with our "accidents". (incredulously, I was once told not to run 10 miles in case I "turned my ankle" and "overloaded the NHS" - spring 2020). 

Here's a great example of the end of that groupthink.  Hurrah! 

JH74 03 Jan 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Great short film about a very inspiring character. Thank you for posting. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...