UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Magic in the Air by Niall Grimes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 14 Dec 2006
“Isn’t this amazing,” Finbarr said. “It always looks totally different every time.”

I looked across. He had already started taking off this clothes. His coat was slouched on the railings, and he pulled his woolen jersey off over his head, shaking his hair free. He then unbuttoned his shirt, removed it, and piled it carelessly on the coat and jersey.........

Niall Grimes continues..... http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=287
 gingerdave13 15 Dec 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: interesting, strange and certinaly not your normal climbing piece, but it kept my attention and has a nice style of writing.
 Simon 18 Dec 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Nice one ....Only a matter of time until the Grimer book /screen play comes out - write the thene tune - sing the theme tune...

- "do do do do - I could be so good to you"

V good - tip top Grimer verbology - not as good as his previous effort on here tho - shame it got censored - "Sunday Sport UKC" should be launched IMHO!!!

;0)

Si
 David Hooper 18 Dec 2006
A superb piece of writing.
 Andrew.Davies 20 Dec 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: I dont get it
 Niall Grimes 21 Dec 2006
In reply to napalm_life: Neither do I
jelly 21 Dec 2006

I love a bit of magic realism in the morning!

That was a cool, different take on what it sometimes feels like on the night before climbing. I liked it! Well done Niall!
 Niall Grimes 21 Dec 2006
In reply to jelly: Thank you jelly.
 john horscroft 21 Dec 2006
In reply to Niall Grimes:

Oh, I see, so we're supposed to believe you can fly now Mr Grimes. Harrumph........

jh
In reply to Niall Grimes: have you been reading angella carter? i have to write an exam on whole f*cking book similar to that with crazy feminism and profoundly unbiblical sex thrown in. i'm doomed!
 Niall Grimes 21 Dec 2006
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide: No. I think unbiblical sex (or umbilical sex, as i first thought you wrote, an equally fascinating idea) would have been too much for UKC guidelines.
Tim Gardener 21 Dec 2006
In reply to Niall Grimes: I think I got it (well I got the bit that meant something to me - and that may indeed be the idea).

V good, more please
In reply to Niall Grimes: well alan doesn't like hilarious yarns about wanking, so i'd hate to think what would happen if you wrote on about shagging your sister!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...