UKC

NEWS: Malcom Smith is Back

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 08 Aug 2007
Did he actually leave?

Scottish Climbs reports that Malcom Smith is on a roll at the cliff where Dave MacLeod has put up several significant ascents, the Anvil by Loch Goil :

"Malcolm Smith is in the process of dismissing all The Anvil's test pieces as "paths".

In the space of three visits his t...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 catt 08 Aug 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Excellent, good to hear of malc back at it. And good to get some thoughts on Dave's grading. Should shut some people up.
cogo 08 Aug 2007

Now we only need Moffatt to come back so Ben Moon, Moffatt and Malcolm can go a tour and do some really hard shit together.
banned profile 74 08 Aug 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: where had malc been?injured?training?
 niggle 08 Aug 2007
In reply to beastofackworth:

Hearsay only, but I gather he was working offshore for a while.

I saw him at Ratho last week and it certainly didn't look like he'd lost much power!
 seagull 08 Aug 2007

Nice one Malc. Top man.

220bpm 08 Aug 2007

Get in there Big Malky!

A few potential upgrades there, could Metalcore yet be Scotlands first 9a?
 Bulls Crack 08 Aug 2007
In reply to 220bpm:

A 9a 'path'?

what are they then: unergraded or paths?
Serpico 08 Aug 2007
I'm not sure he ever really went away, he did True North (8c) early May this year.
 220bpm 09 Aug 2007
In reply to Bulls Crack:
> (In reply to 220bpm)
>
> A 9a 'path'?
>
> what are they then: unergraded or paths?

No idea, but if DMac and Malc S come up with a rough concensus (within half a grade) thats good enough for me. Just wondered if Metalcore (DM 8c+, unrepeated) could be Scotlands first F9a route?

Certainly aint no soft touches!

Then theres the recently completed Steall project too, another DM "8c+"

Gaun the boys
 niggle 09 Aug 2007
In reply to 220bpm:

Dave and Malcolm share a problem; it's very hard for them to get their grades confirmed because with all respect, there just aren't many people climbing at their standard in Scotland.

Now if Dave could just get him some blinkers and a lobotomy, maybe he could convince Malcolm to have a bash at Rhapsody...
Serpico 09 Aug 2007
In reply to 220bpm:
> (In reply to Bulls Crack)
> [...]
>
> No idea, but if DMac and Malc S come up with a rough concensus (within half a grade) thats good enough for me. Just wondered if Metalcore (DM 8c+, unrepeated) could be Scotlands first F9a route?
>
> Certainly aint no soft touches!
>

"Malcolm Smith is in the process of dismissing all The Anvil's test pieces as "paths".
'path' always suggests soft touch to me. I suspect they're probably right for their grade.

220bpm 10 Aug 2007
In reply to Serpico:
> (In reply to 220bpm)
> [...]
>
> "Malcolm Smith is in the process of dismissing all The Anvil's test pieces as "paths".
> 'path' always suggests soft touch to me. I suspect they're probably right for their grade.

A path to him they may be. But they are mostly being upgraded by half a grade, with one exception so far.

I think the term path was termed in such way as to compliment Malk and acknowledgement of the mans abilities.

Either way, its nice to see The Anvil attracting some visitors and attention after all the hard work the boys put into developing the crag.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...