UKC

NEWS: Matterhorn - Hornli Ridge: Up and Down, 2 hours, 33 mins

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 23 Sep 2007
On September 6, mountain guides Simon Anthamatten and Michael Lerjen, both of Zermatt, Switzerland, ascended and descended the Hornli Ridge (AD) on the Matterhorn (4478m) in a record retour (combined time of ascent and descent) of 2 hours, 33 minutes.

The pair ascended from the Hornli Hut and clim...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 Skyfall 24 Sep 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

not so much fun for all the people they probably trampled over to do it.
In reply to JonC:
>
> not so much fun for all the people they probably trampled over to do it.

Meeeeow!

I think they deserve to be congratulated on a fine performance. I'm delighted when young mountaineers excel and it sounds as though they did this as a fun challenge. It bodes well for the future of lightweight ascents and it will be interesting to see how they apply their obvious talent to more remote, less well known and uncliimbed routes.
 The Bantam 24 Sep 2007
In reply to Alison Stockwell:

Jez - it takes me longer to go up and down Burley Moor....
 EsT 24 Sep 2007
Does anyone know which route Bruno Brunod (real name, I kid you not), took when he set the record from Cervinia? I don't know the Matterhorn but his time of 3.15ish always strikes me as completely outlandish!
awsim 24 Sep 2007

How long did they spend on top and where are their pictures?
Alii 24 Sep 2007
In reply to EsT:
> Does anyone know which route Bruno Brunod (real name, I kid you not), took when he set the record from Cervinia? I don't know the Matterhorn but his time of 3.15ish always strikes me as completely outlandish!

Think he did the Italian or Lion ridge. Saw the program with him doing it, pretty amazing.

Cheers, Ali

rad 24 Sep 2007
> On September 6, mountain guides Simon Anthamatten and Michael Lerjen, both of Zermatt, Switzerland, ascended and descended the Hornli Ridge (AD) on the Matterhorn (4478m) in a record retour (combined time of ascent and descent) of 2 hours, 33 minutes.
>
> The pair ascended from the Hornli Hut and clim...
>
> Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/

Hi Mick,

I seem to recall that Tut Braithwaite and Dave Barton recorded a similar time back in the early seventies. I can't remember the exact details, but they were quick. Check it out with Dave.

Cheers

Rad

OP Michael Ryan 24 Sep 2007
In reply to rad:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
> [...]
>
> Hi Mick,
>
> I seem to recall that Tut Braithwaite and Dave Barton recorded a similar time back in the early seventies. I can't remember the exact details, but they were quick. Check it out with Dave.

Will do Rad.

Cheers.

Mick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...