UKC

ARTICLE: Mental Health Tips for Climbers on Lockdown

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 25 Mar 2020
Madeleine Crane shares coping strategies for lockdown.

Madeleine Crane is a sport psychologist (M.Sc.) and systemic coach from Austria. In this article and webinar video she shares some tips for cooped-up climbers on lockdown...

You don't HAVE TO train. You don't HAVE TO be your strongest. You don't HAVE TO learn something new. Don't feel pressured to "use this time well".

Read more
 Misha 25 Mar 2020
In reply to UKC Articles:

Great article.

<<You don't HAVE TO train. You don't HAVE TO be your strongest. You don't HAVE TO learn something new. Don't feel pressured to "use this time well".>>

I’m embracing this advice wholeheartedly. This might change over time, might have to buy a fingerboard eventually!

Being off work till Easter, I’ve got nothing to do and so am doing nothing, other than posting on here, following the news and going for short walks in the flatlands of Suffolk. Might even read a book.

Feel sorry for the self employed in the outdoor industry and elsewhere, who have a lot more to worry about than not being able to go climbing. Hopefully they will get some support soon. 

JHiley 25 Mar 2020

Positive thinking:

Great for lingering finger, hand and elbow injuries

Pistol squat skills are now epic

C Witter 25 Mar 2020

Thanks for thinking to publish this. I'm not sure it quite ticks my personal boxes, but it's helpful to know others are also struggling with the indefinite lockdown.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...