UKC

VIDEO: Neil Gresham's Freakshow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 13 Oct 2015
Neil Freakshow, 2 kbWe recently reported on Neil Gresham's first ascent of Freakshow 8c at Kilnsey. Lukasz Warzecha of Polished Project has just released a new video of Neil's highly specific training and preparation for the route.

"As soon as you start saying "I've got to do it now", you've blown it because your head's just going to go to pieces."

Read more
 yodadave 13 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC News:

what exactly is he on about when he says he doesn't have the build of his contempories?
The dudes a freakin' animal!

I'm sure he does train differently to the others but he doesn't look like he had nothing to start with.
 Morgan Woods 13 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Onya Neil!
 Jack Geldard 13 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one Neil (and Lukasz and team) - great vid, great effort.

Jack

Luke Owens 13 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Beast! Is the full footage of the ascent going to be released does anyone know?
 Chris Harris 13 Oct 2015
In reply to yodadave:

> what exactly is he on about when he says he doesn't have the build of his contempories?

> The dudes a freakin' animal!

Maybe he means he's being held back by the fact that his each one of his arms probably weighs about the same as Adam Ondra.

jsmcfarland 13 Oct 2015
In reply to yodadave:

correct me if I'm wrong but he said "physical talent", maybe he means he thinks he isn't naturally as good as some climbers at his level but he levels the field through training? Plenty of climbers out there who you wouldn't exactly say technique is their strong point
 stp 13 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Great description of the joys of redpointing.

Love the worn out leather covered iron rings and the atmosphere of it being shot in a dark and dingy surroundings.
 nufkin 14 Oct 2015
In reply to stp:

> Love the worn out leather covered iron rings and the atmosphere of it being shot in a dark and dingy surroundings.

Plus the outdoor fingerboard next to the wendy house...

I remember recognising Neil at my local wall years ago just by the shape of his massively muscly back
 Milnes 14 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent Film Lukasz - really love some of the shots and the lighting. Clearly some thought gone into making it look great - the part on the rings is particularly nice.

As for Neil, what a hero. An example of what can be achieved with hard work, dedication and training intelligently. I think his message at the end is also particularly pertinent.
In reply to Milnes:

Was youtube.com/watch?v=XFK4TpTYHe4& part of the training
 Bulls Crack 14 Oct 2015
In reply to Luke Owens:

> Beast! Is the full footage of the ascent going to be released does anyone know?

Yep - including the out-takes where he replaces the threads

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...