UKC

NEWS: New 8b+ At Dumbarton for Alan Cassidy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 29 Aug 2013
Alan Cassidy on Unfinished Symphony 8b+, 4 kbOn the 25th of August Scottish climber Alan Cassidy completed his project and climbed a new route at Dumbarton Rock, near Glasgow.

The line of bolts to the side of the hard classic Requiem, was long thought to be either impossible, or at least 9b. Alan has climbed it to an obvious undercut jug at 2/3rds height and named his route Unfinished Symphony (8b+).

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68306

tony 29 Aug 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Blimey! I can remember looking at that line of bolts and thinking it to be completely lacking in holds of any kind. Good work!
 Fraser 29 Aug 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Great effort and classic name! Well done Alan.
 mloskot 29 Aug 2013
Congratulations!

Come one, please rotate the photos correctly next time, they should be rotated 90 degree clockwise as they look ridiculous. It's not a roof, look at the quickdraws
 JLS 29 Aug 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Is there an E grade for climbing on those ancient rusty bolts?
 Cassidy 29 Aug 2013
In reply to JLS: Its actually only 2 of them that are old and rusty, the rest are newish (I guess maybe Dave Mac replaced them).

I cleaned the top half last night, I can reveal its probably not 9b and probably possible somehow.
 kwoods 29 Aug 2013
In reply to Cassidy: Great to hear.

I had a look from the top of Persistence a couple days ago and noticed there were some old stubs of bolts alongside the new ones.
 TobyA 29 Aug 2013
In reply to mloskot:

> It's not a roof,

Are you having a laugh? Have you ever stood under Requiem?
 IainMacG 29 Aug 2013
In reply to UKC News:
Good effort - was there on Sat bouldering with my son. Presume that was you working the route?
Was cracking weather...
 aln 29 Aug 2013
In reply to TobyA:
> (In reply to mloskot)
>
> [...]
>
> Are you having a laugh? Have you ever stood under Requiem?

I have. It's overhanging but it's not a roof.

catt 06 Sep 2013
In reply to Cassidy:

Fantastic news to hear. Good effort Alan!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...