UKC

NEWS: New HXS 6c on Craig Dorys for Jack Geldard

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 19 Sep 2011
Jack Geldard making the first ascent of The Bigger Bang, HXS 6c, Craig Dorys., 3 kbUKC Chief Editor Jack Geldard has added a new route to Craig Dorys on the Lleyn Peninsula, North Wales.

The route, named The Bigger Bang, takes an aesthetic groove line up the wall right of the Steve Mayer's E4 Bath Time in the Jacuzzi Zawn.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64121

centurion05 19 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Good Effort,

I saw this line chalked up earlier in the year and wondered what it was. Looks awesome.

Centurion05
 Franco Cookson 19 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Looks mega sage Jack. Good effort on getting this done, looks ace and scary as a pigeon with teeth. Minus points for being cool and giving it HXS though.
 Dave Warburton 19 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News: Nice line! Looks good, well done.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 19 Sep 2011
In reply to Franco Cookson:
>
>
> Looks mega sage Jack. Good effort on getting this done, looks ace and scary as a pigeon with teeth. Minus points for being cool and giving it HXS though.

Maybe he should have given it HHXS (Headpointed HXS).

Great effort Jack.

Chris

halo 19 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News: Looks like a really nice line stirling effort Jack
In reply to UKC News:

Wow, proud line. Good effort.

Is that overhanging groove to the left Bath Time? Looks an awesome E4 at a more amenable standard.

jcm
 Wft 19 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News: Great line, looks like S groove but wilder
 Tyler 20 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News:

It is a great looking line. I'd also be interested to hear more about Maddie Cope, surely unknown (to me at least) British female attempts E8/9 at Craig Doris is news worthy in itself?
 Michael Gordon 20 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News: Nice. Not sure why Jack gave it an HXS grade if the rock is generally solid? I'd tend to associate XS or HardXS with deathly loose.
 tim carruthers 21 Sep 2011
In reply to Tyler:
E8/9? Eh?
 goldmember 21 Sep 2011
In reply to tim carruthers: i am confused, what is hxs??
 Michael Gordon 22 Sep 2011
In reply to goldmember:

It appears that different folk have different ideas of what it means.
 Franco Cookson 22 Sep 2011
In reply to Tyler:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> It is a great looking line. I'd also be interested to hear more about Maddie Cope, surely unknown (to me at least) British female attempts E8/9 at Craig Doris is news worthy in itself?

She's only unknown cause she's part of a group of weirdos who for some reason don't court the 'News of The Rockfax' press, but climb well hard none-the-less and dance to techno like slippery otters.
 Richard Hall 22 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News: Easy Maddie!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...