UKC

/ NEWS: Nick Bullock's Tides wins in Banff Mountain Book Competition

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
UKC News - on 11 Oct 2018
British mountaineer and author Nick Bullock has won the Mountain Literature (non-fiction) category in the Banff Mountain Book Competition - part of the annual Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival - with his latest book Tides: a climber's voyage by Vertebrate Publishing.

Read more
alexm198 - on 11 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Congratulations to Nick! 

Perhaps I'm wrong, but isn't it Minya Konka?

In reply to alexm198:

Yep! Blame Vertebrate...;)

Derek Ryden - on 14:46 Sun
In reply to UKC News:

Natalie - I'm posting here because you might read it, even though I know it's in the wrong place.

I just want to say it's very frustrating when some types of articles on UKC don't leave the option for comments. Currently, Neil Gresham's excellent article on heel hooking. Excellent, except that Sloth was climbed in 1954, certainly not "in the seventies". There has to be a space to point these things out!

Nick Brown - UKC - on 14:53 Sun
In reply to Derek Ryden:

Hi Derek,

You’re able to post on Neil’s article here: https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/ukc/technique_-_heel_hooking-694200

At the bottom of the article there’s a link to the associated forum thread.

Nick

In reply to Derek Ryden:

You can reply to it...

Edit - Nick beat me to it. 

Post edited at 14:57
Derek Ryden - on 09:12 Mon
In reply to Nick Brown - UKC:

Hi Nick. Thanks for your reply. The link is, of course, just what I was looking for and I will reply to Neil shortly. However, I still can't find this link at the bottom of the original article. Am I being dense, or is the link a lot less obvious than you are suggesting?

J Whittaker - on 14:04 Mon
In reply to UKC News:

I enjoyed this book much like Nicks first one. The only thing was it sometimes got overly wordy for my tiny little mind haha.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.