UKC

DESTINATION GUIDE: North Wales Bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 10 May 2017
Bytilith Wall at Talfarach, 4 kbNorth Wales is one of the UK?s premier bouldering destinations. Home to a variety of rock types surrounded by stunning views, it?s an area that should be on every boulderers hit list. From the beautifully situated beach bouldering at Porth Ysgo, to the steep, never ending valleys of Snowdonia, to the limestone of the Great Orme, North Wales appeals to everyone?s appetite.

Read more
 snoop6060 10 May 2017
In reply to UKC Articles:

Can you define "close" please? I mean, I had always assumed that it means it will be here soon, like within weeks, maybe a month or 2 tops. But it it appears to have a new meaning completely when used within the context of this guide.

All joking aside, is there a release date, even a rough one?

Callum Smith 10 May 2017
In reply to snoop6060:

Six years ago, it was coming out in a year.
In reply to snoop6060:

its my regular conversation piece with the guys in V12. New Year 2016 and it was nearly ready. A few weeks ago, finalising the cover pictures of a (very) big volume. Still no more news, but must be the most awaited guide ever.
 afx22 10 May 2017
In reply to UKC Articles:

I've been waiting a few years on the new guide. I've bought the Ogwen and Llanberis CC guides, plus Boulder Britain in the meantime.
 paddyisidle 10 May 2017
In reply to snoop6060:

Similar to other people on this thread, I remember asking someone in V12 back in 2011 when it would be coming out and being told that it would be out by the end of the year. Understandably I've heard from locals that part of this seems to be that other projects have popped up that they've felt they need to prioritise, but at this stage I really hope they're past the stage of slipping in just one more problem or area in given how long it's taken. Regardless of what promises they make, my money's on 2018 release at the earliest until they announce a concrete date but I would love to be proved wrong!
 LeoSkinner 10 May 2017
In reply to snoop6060:
the guide was going to be released last year but since then loads of problems have been developed even new areas so they had to put the release date back. a bit annoying but perhaps worth it if the new ones are worth digging out. Plus there are plenty of videos around Youtube and Vimeo to give good enough info. #worldclasswales by eliot stephens on vimeo is a really good one.
 afx22 10 May 2017
In reply to LeoSkinner:

Not too many videos of font 5 and 6's and not too easy to find everywhere, if you're not a local
 planetmarshall 10 May 2017
In reply to snoop6060:

> Can you define "close" please? I mean, I had always assumed that it means it will be here soon, like within weeks, maybe a month or 2 tops. But it it appears to have a new meaning completely when used within the context of this guide.

I believe it will be realeased, roughly, after the first commercial fusion reactor but before the flying car.

chrispoole 16 May 2017
In reply to afx22:
Hey there - i was wondering, how good are the Llanberis and Ogwen CC guides for bouldering? Would you recommend getting them? (I already have the boulder britain guide) Cheers, Chris
Post edited at 14:06
 danm 16 May 2017
In reply to planetmarshall:

This year with any luck - spoke to Al Williams the other day (the designer) and it's almost ready. Can't wait, it's going to be immense.
 NicholasHart 17 May 2017
In reply to danm:

> This year with any luck - spoke to Al Williams the other day (the designer) and it's almost ready. Can't wait, it's going to be immense.

I think we've heard that somewhere before....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...