UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Obituary: Kurt Albert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 04 Oct 2010
Kurt Albert, 4 kbIt is a shock: Kurt Albert is dead. He died on the 28th of September in hospital, after an accident on his home crag in which he took an 18m fall from a "harmless" via ferrata.

Kurt was born in 1954 and started climbing at the young age of 14 as part of his local Nuremberg scene. As was customary at the time, he started out in the mountains, where he climbed the Walker Spur at age 17 and the Eiger North Face just one year later...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=3057

Mick Ward 04 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC Articles:

Thanks to Klettern for compiling this and to you guys for reproducing it. Although I was never fortunate enough to meet Kurt Albert, he will always be a huge inspiration to me. As the article says, in what he leaves us his spirit lives on.

Mick

The New NickB 04 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC Articles:

I have just finished read Revelations and Moffat speaks of Kurt Albert with amazing fondness. I was aware the the accident whilst reading and praise he received from Moffat made think of the loss that must be felt by those who knew him.
 Yanis Nayu 06 Oct 2010
In reply to The New NickB:
> (In reply to UKC Articles)
>
> I have just finished read Revelations and Moffat speaks of Kurt Albert with amazing fondness. I was aware the the accident whilst reading and praise he received from Moffat made think of the loss that must be felt by those who knew him.

Exactly the same here. A sad loss.
 andyb211 12 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: Rest In Peace Kurt, Thank you for all your routes you have left to us mere mortals to aspire too, a great climber and one of the "good guys"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...