UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Ondra repeats Gioia, 8C+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Adam Ondra on Terranova, 8C+, 4 kbAdam Ondra has managed to make the 2nd ascent of Gioia, 8C+, at Varazze.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=65387
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Someone break his legs, he's making the rest of us look bad! :P
 Jack_F 06 Dec 2011
In reply to Duncan Campbell: ^ much love for this! Bon effort though!
 catt 07 Dec 2011
In reply to PeterJuggler:

And worth adding that includes a video.

Bejesus, strong climbers usually make hard things look easy, but that just looks beyond desperate! Can't decide if there is a baby in the background or that is just one very strange power squeal...
gritstoner 07 Dec 2011
In reply to catt:

So good to see Ondra having to fight for a change.
 PeterJuggler 07 Dec 2011
In reply to catt:
I'm pretty sure the video wasn't there when I linked to it.
I'm a bit confused as it's clearly not a sit start and the Christian Core video also shows him doing it from a non sit start. Surely it should be called a low start or something.
 Robert Durran 07 Dec 2011
In reply to catt:
> (In reply to PeterJuggler)
>
> And worth adding that includes a video.

Brilliant! I don't think I've ever felt inspired by a bouldering video before. And, like all the best videos, no gimmicks, just the climbing as it happened.
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Inspiring effort! I wonder whether the screams were mainly down to pain tolerance on those holds as they looked mightily sharp on Core's video.

I imagine Christian looks a bit more relaxed on his video as he had worked it for longer and it is very much in his filthy crimp style?

Amazing.
 Arms Cliff 07 Dec 2011
In reply to jack1996: You know there's a volume control on youtube right?
 jack1996 07 Dec 2011
In reply to Arms Cliff: yeah but it just annoys me so much :L

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...