UKC

NEWS: Page 3 Gal Crowns Climber - Britain's Manliest Man

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 07 Feb 2008
Hot news just in from Salford.

You may have climbed on one of the walls he's built. He free climbed Yosemite's Leaning Tower with Leo Houlding. But now Jason Pickles, 31, of Salford has gained the ultimate macho accolade, he is officially Britain's Manliest Man...........

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 Alex Roddie 07 Feb 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - Editor - UKC:
Amusing, but in what way is this climbing news??

Oh wait! I spotted the tiny, almost non-existent reference! He once climbed the Leaning Tower with Leo Houlding. Do I get a prize?

This is almost a Viz story!
 staceyjg 07 Feb 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan:

It is a very amusing story, I'm pleased it hasn't been written too seriously, afterall, I don't think you could with that picture!
 JM 07 Feb 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - Editor - UKC:Sort it out Mick your having a laugh posting this as a news article. I'm almost embarrased for you.
 Glyn Jones 07 Feb 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - Editor - UKC: Dear me! Her children won't go hungry will they!

Love her comment - Lucy said: “Forget the metrosexual man who spends more time in the mirror than us, enjoys soppy films and loves to go shopping. What a girl really wants is a manly man like Jason.”

Will have to send this to the other half to read!
 Toby S 07 Feb 2008

Very disappointed in you Mick.

How could you not know who Lucy Pinder is!? :0)
 Glyn Jones 07 Feb 2008
In reply to Toby S: She's a page 3 model as we can read - is she really famous like Sam Fox?
OP Michael Ryan 07 Feb 2008
In reply to Toby S:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - Editor - UKC)
>
> Very disappointed in you Mick.
>
> How could you not know who Lucy Pinder is!? :0)

Oh my god, I just googled her. Are those real?

Please no links.
JonRoger 07 Feb 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - Editor - UKC: Kinda defines the phrase 'big girl'. Had me automatically reaching for the milk jug!
 Toby S 07 Feb 2008

100% authentic! So I hear, I've never looked myself of course...
 Toby S 07 Feb 2008
In reply to Glyn Jones:
> (In reply to Toby S) She's a page 3 model as we can read - is she really famous like Sam Fox?

Did you know that Sam Fox is now a lesbian and plays in a cheesy hair metal band?
 supersteve 07 Feb 2008
The best bit is the looser comment at the bottom - sod the rest of the article!
 Owen W-G 07 Feb 2008
In reply to supersteve:
> The best bit is the looser comment at the bottom - sod the rest of the article!

My thoughts exactly. I wonder if it was ironic? I get a strange feeling it wasn't.

UKB Shark 07 Feb 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - Editor - UKC: By the sounds of it he'd go down well in the Chat forum Friday night at UKClimbing.com

Real men don't go down - Tony Soprano doesn't anyway
 hutchm 07 Feb 2008

Well, I'm going to defend your news choices here, for once!

Top stuff!
 Will Hunt 07 Feb 2008
In reply to Myself:
> Keep on posting stuff like this, Mick and I may have to stop taking the piss out of the UKC News Section.

I see normal service has resumed.

mikepike 07 Feb 2008
In reply to supersteve: This is a classic comment at the foot of the article, "photographic prostitute" from the fire and brimstone Dept
 Norrie Muir 07 Feb 2008

More like climbing's answer to David Beckham.
 galpinos 07 Feb 2008

Genius. An acolade to be proud of. Good effort on keeping us informed of such worthy news!

Exclusive UKC interview with Britain's Manliest man later today when Mr. Pickles returns from a night out with his celebrity friends, Kate Moss and Robbie Williams, at London's celeb spot, The Golden Heart.
 staceyjg 07 Feb 2008

I quite like the photo caption "what a tool" yes, he is indeed! lol!
mike swann 07 Feb 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - Editor - UKC: An address in Barff Road seems fairly appropriate.
 Alex Roddie 07 Feb 2008
I would also like to dispute the accuracy of this article.

It is a well known fact that my friend Jack Shannon is in fact the manliest man in existence. He regularly wrestles bulls to the ground and eats them not merely rare, but in some cases still breathing. He gets to uni in a Viking longship every morning, carries a broadsword and a lightsabre with him wherever he goes, and wears more leather than is strictly legal.
 beardy mike 07 Feb 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - Editor - UKC: Written by your missus?
Craig Smith 07 Feb 2008

Jason, nice helmet!
J1234 07 Feb 2008
In reply to Alex Roddie:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - Editor - UKC)
> Amusing, but in what way is this climbing news??
>

I suppose you`ve a point but if you watched him doing a 60m 7a+ traverse backward and forwards 4 times you might think it has a bit more to do with climbing, in fact if you watched him doing a 60m 7a+ traverse backward and forwards 4 times with Lucy Pinder sat on YOUR knee I bet you`d consider that a pretty good day overall. I know I would.
Cheers Beds
In reply to :

Jason Pickles set a good 50% of the new routes at Awesome Walls, Stockport and has just reset the back wall at Liverpool! Manliest Man and very good route setter!!!
In reply to D Douglas:

Just heard that Pickles has gone into hiding at a "secret location" because of the media frenzy, and has hired not only a body guard but a business agent to deal with all the interest from companies wanting to "leverage" his celebrity.

Mick

Just talked to Mr. Pickles, he was tucking into a manly plate of fish and chips. Apparantly he has won a week in Pamplona to run with the bulls, and he has to catch one, slaughter it, then butcher it into joints and fillets, and then of course Rustler's will be doing a big fry up.

Unfortunately this won't be onsight as Britain's manliest man, being a real man in the Ernest Hemingway tradition, has already run with bulls in Pamplona and has photographic evidence if we wish to see it.

I'll be doing further research as this story has legs and will run and run.

Mick
 Col Allott 07 Feb 2008

> I'll be doing further research as this story has legs and will run and run.

good work Mick, the news section has improved 10-fold. reckon all future news should be based on half made-up rumours and scandal. Paparazzi 'exclusive' (DEFINITELY NOT PHOTOSHOPPED) shock snaps of Dave MacCleod top-roping 3 pebble slab & claiming it's harder than HVS. E12?
The possibilities of slander are endless.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...