UKC

NEWS: PHOTOS: The Christmas Crack..... Stanage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 25 Dec 2010
Dick Turnbull the stalwart of the Christmas Crack Tradition., 4 kbThere wasn't as much snow as last year but this years traditional Christmas day ascent of Christmas Crack HS 4b at Stanage was just as much fun - if a little cold, around - 8 C.

Mick Ryan reports.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=59577

petealdwinckle 25 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:
looks like ideal dry tooling conditions!
 earlsdonwhu 25 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: I love the chalk bag in the picture......vital when it's -8 C. Perhaps it contained hand warmers?
In reply to UKC News:

I managed the first ascent of christmas 2010 starting at about 10 past midnight.... 3 of teh group after us did it sans clothing......brrrr

Some of the high steps led to permanent irreverseable damage for those of us watching from below
 tehmarks 25 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

'The Peaks District'? I predict controversy...
 Ropeboy 26 Dec 2010
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC):

Excellent!

I think we got the last ascent then. Got to the car park just after 2100 and finally got back to the car at 2300 (unless someone nipped out after us)

Can't imagine doing it sans clothing, it was a tad chilly

J
 kermit_uk 27 Dec 2010
In reply to Ropeboy:

It was chilly indeed to say the least, about 1am i think we started it. I think it's one of my quickest leads as I just wanted to get to the top and get some clothes back on!

Think Christmas Curry is a bit lonog to do naked in the winter though!

Well done to everyone who climbed it on christmas it's was certainly a different start to christmas for me!
 sutty 27 Dec 2010
In reply to tehmarks:

That Mick Ryan is an evil man, baiting people far away in warmer climes.
 pneame 27 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Fabulous. Although the warmer climes that sutty mentions were a bit chilly. And there weren't any "climbs"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...