UKC

NEWS: Piolet d'Or for Bullock and Ramsden

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 18 Apr 2017
Nick Bullock and Paul Ramsden: A team to be reckoned with, 4 kbBritish mountaineers Nick Bullock and Paul Ramsden have been awarded a Piolet d'Or for their first ascent of the North Buttress of Nyainqentangla South East in Tibet last Autumn. Two winners were announced this year and a Russian team who established a new line on Thalay Sagar were named as joint recipients alongside the British team. Each year, the Piolets d'Or recognise significant new ascents in mountaineering; taking style, innovation, commitment and respect for both the environment and local people into consideration.

Read more
 alexm198 18 Apr 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Huge congratulations to Nick and Paul, well deserved!

Further congratulations are in order just for being able to pronounce 'Nyainqentangla'!
 Michael Gordon 18 Apr 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Nick joins the gravy train!
 Tyler 19 Apr 2017
In reply to UKC News:

This is pretty astonishing, has anyone else won four? I'm guessing Mick Foweler has three, anyone else? How come we don't now more about Paul Ramsden, any chance of an interview? I'm interested to know what job he does, what sort of other climbing he does no more importantly given he's the same age, how he keeps going without being permanently knackered!
 Nick Bullock 19 Apr 2017
In reply to Michael Gordon:

> Nick joins the gravy train!

Cheers Michael, vegetarian gravy of course.

All the best
Nick.
 Tyler 19 Apr 2017
In reply to Removed User:

Thanks for that, answers some of the questions at least. I love the contrast between the interviewer and interviewee in that link.
 Andy Say 21 Apr 2017
In reply to UKC News:

What a cracking video!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...