UKC

NEWS: Possible New Alpine Routes For Bullock, Cool and Benson

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 13 Jan 2010
[Nick Bullock on Homeward Bound 320, 3 kb]"All of that ice on the right is wafer thin, taking nowt in the way of gear, there are no footholds, and the ice really was millimetres, but at times it has to be used to pull up on, and for the feet... all very insecure."

Nick Bullock on his new VIII,8 route Homeward Bound, Chamonix.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=51265

In reply to UKC News: does nick bullock hav balls the size of a bullock's, or does a bullock have balls the size of nik bullock's!?!?! either way he is an inspirational climber!
 Will Sim 13 Jan 2010
In reply to dunkymonkey17: Bullocks have small balls, they haven't even reached puberty.
Nice one Nick, looks cool!
 Ian Parnell 13 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News: Sorry Nick, but it doesn't look in full conditions to me, that wall behind your left shoulder isn't hoarded up. You'll have to go back!
In reply to UKC News:

That looks outrageous! Probably due to Jon's Photography (that and the route being foyking outrageous....).
In reply to Will Sim: ohh thts just buggered my whole thing! haha
 Nick Bullock 13 Jan 2010
In reply to dunkeymonkey17, will simm and Ian P.

Erm, i think you will find that Bullock's have no balls as they are chopped off when they are quite young. I on the other hand, (I surmise, as i have not studied the size of blokes testicles and do not intent to start now) have fairly average sized testicles, and i'm glad to say they were not chopped off when i was young.

Ian, it'll be waiting for you in Feb, i'll hold your ropes... we can throw some powder down it just to make you happy... you'll love it mate, right up your street, no effort required,no imagination,no big walk or drive...oops, ok, you can stay up all night and walk in from mont saxonnex if it makes you happy...

Nick.
 Will Sim 13 Jan 2010
In reply to Nick Bullocknick bullock: I think beef bulls are castrated so they can butch up and make nicer steak quicker, but dairy bulls keep their balls as far as i know, and become uber alpinists.......
Sam L 13 Jan 2010
In reply to Will Sim: Bullocks are castrated bulls which are fattened for beef.
 Will Sim 13 Jan 2010
In reply to Sam L: When a cow is born it is either a heifer or a bullock, regardless of it being beef or dairy.
Sam L 13 Jan 2010
In reply to Will Sim: That's not what the dictionary says.
 Will Sim 13 Jan 2010
In reply to Sam L: Some dictionaries may say that, but there seems to be so many dictionaries around you might as well ask some random person. In my experience a bullock is a male equivalent of a heifer, and when a cow calves it is either a bullock or a heifer. Wow, for once i've seen the enjoyment of acting like an annoying dick on an internet forum!! i'll try and make it a one off,
Time for bed.
Will
In reply to Sam L:

Will is a cow expert, i'd leave him be.

To Will: good feeling aint it?
Sam L 13 Jan 2010
In reply to Franco Cookson: Looking into it more, it seems to be acceptable as both. But in my bit of the country, bullocks have all been castrated. Words: they can mean what you want them to mean!
 Jon Bracey 14 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

NOT sure I would quite describe these as 'Alpine Routes'!
More like cragging in my book. Look like good sport though.
 Morgan Woods 14 Jan 2010
In reply to Jon Bracey:

Bulls aside, just curious for probable new routes such as this, do you send a topo to the guides office or contact one of the guide book writers eg Damilano for inclusion in the next edition.
 iceox 14 Jan 2010
In reply to Jon Bracey:
Good point Jon,it is not a frost fest for fatties either.
 Jon Bracey 15 Jan 2010
In reply to Morgan Woods: There is a new routes file in the Office de Haute Montagne in Chamonix.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...