UKC

NEWS: President Biden to Reverse Trump's US National Monument Reductions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 08 Oct 2021

President Biden is expected to announce plans today to restore the original boundaries of three US National Monuments that were significantly reduced in 2017 by President Trump, whose proclamation marked the largest rollback of federal land protection in US history. 

Read more

Rad 09 Oct 2021

As an American who was traumatized, shocked, and embarrassed by he-who-shall-not-be-named, this is a breath of fresh air. Yes, of course we should protect wild lands, and particularly those sacred to native peoples. Hopefully it'll stick this time...

profitofdoom 09 Oct 2021
In reply to Rad:

> As an American who was traumatized, shocked, and embarrassed by he-who-shall-not-be-named, this is a breath of fresh air. Yes, of course we should protect wild lands, and particularly those sacred to native peoples. Hopefully it'll stick this time...

Yes, let's hope so 

Unless Trump gets back into the White House in 2024

Sounds ridiculous not to say terrifying and beyond belief 

Until you see the large support he has from his party 

WHY???

In reply to profitofdoom:

We can't talk. Look at the support Brexit still has in the UK.

I can't see the swathes of moderate apologist republicans looking past the deadly coup attempt. But I've said that before...

owensum 11 Oct 2021
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

Had the same thoughts.. never thought I'd see him get the religious vote, but there you go, it happened. He lost with an incumbent advantage (though in a crisis moment) prior to capitol building attacks, so why on earth would his party stick with him? It's either extremely stupid or we're underestimating his chances for re-election.

Robert Durran 11 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

This is such good news. I love that part of the world.

> Yes, let's hope so 

> Unless Trump gets back into the White House in 2024

> Sounds ridiculous not to say terrifying and beyond belief 

> Until you see the large support he has from his party 

> WHY???

There are a lot of other people who could be the Republican challenger to Joe Biden including WWE superstar turned actor Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.

In reply to John Stainforth:

> We can't talk. Look at the support Brexit still has in the UK.

Brexit wise, let's see what happens after Christmas with the shortages etc, I think support for Brexit is shrinking.

I was a remainer and I still am a remainer. 

If there was a referendum to rejoin I would vote yes and I would vote remain if there was one for a recount.

I am actually reading a book about Brexit at the moment.

MS

In reply to owensum:

Why not the religious vote? I thought Trump was a religious man! 

In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

> I can't see the swathes of moderate apologist republicans looking past the deadly coup attempt. But I've said that before...

I never knew who Congresswoman Nancy Mace is/was until the deadly attempted coup happened and she appeared on Channel 4 and ITV news the day after.

Post edited at 20:21
 TobyA 14 Oct 2021
In reply to Mountain Spirit:

I'm pretty certain the Rock is a registered Democrat, at the very least he's a small l liberal isn't he?

In reply to TobyA:

I don't know if he is a registered Democrat. 

Maybe he changed his mind after Afghanistan exit mess.

Unless he is talking about 2028 if GOP get in 2024.

Post edited at 21:17
 TobyA 14 Oct 2021

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwayne_Johnson#Activism_and_philanthropy

"Johnson voted for Barack Obama in the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections.[236] He did not vote in the 2016 election,[334] and is an independent voter as of 2017.[335] He endorsed Joe Biden in the 2020 presidential election.[336]"

So registered independent but voting and endorsing Democratic Party.

In reply to TobyA:

Thanks for this.

He didn't say when or which party.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/12/the-rock-dwayne-johnson-whi...

Post edited at 23:03
 Rad 15 Oct 2021

> Why not the religious vote? I thought Trump was a religious man! 

The only time he ever went to a church, he had federal troops shoot peaceful protesters with tear gas and rubber bullets to clear them out so he could get a photo op in front of the church with a bible in his hand, all to show his evangelical supporters he was on their side. Jesus would have rolled over in his grave if he hadn't left it 2000 some years ago.

In reply to Rad:

> The only time he ever went to a church, he had federal troops shoot peaceful protesters with tear gas and rubber bullets to clear them out so he could get a photo op in front of the church with a bible in his hand, all to show his evangelical supporters he was on their side. Jesus would have rolled over in his grave if he hadn't left it 2000 some years ago.

I remember this very well. 

In reply to Rad:

In your opinion, do you think The Donald is an atheist? 

Garston 16 Oct 2021
In reply to Rad:

That’s what was reported at the time but later debunked by the inspector generals report.

fred99 16 Oct 2021

> In your opinion, do you think The Donald is an atheist? 

I suspect Trump does believe in God - unfortunately it seems he thinks he IS that God.

> In your opinion, do you think The Donald is an atheist?

I doubt whether he is given it much thought or is even interested in that question. But he is a deeply religious man. He his the devout leader of the religion of Trumpism that only believes in and worships Donald Trump.

> Why not the religious vote? I thought Trump was a religious man! 

He's a "whatever the crowd in front of him wants to hear" man.

In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Too right! 

A kind of religion shape shifter maybe?!

> He's a "whatever the crowd in front of him wants to hear" man.

In reply to John Stainforth:

This is a bit like Assad of Syria. Assad's critics and opponents called him and his supporters a personality cult.

> I doubt whether he is given it much thought or is even interested in that question. But he is a deeply religious man. He his the devout leader of the religion of Trumpism that only believes in and worships Donald Trump.

In reply to fred99:

Do you think he has the God Complex?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_complex

> I suspect Trump does believe in God - unfortunately it seems he thinks he IS that God.

Post edited at 12:04
 fred99 19 Oct 2021

> Do you think he has the God Complex?

Having read the link - most definitely yes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...