UKC

NEWS: Pump up the Jam, 8c, for Pete Robins

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 11 Jun 2013
Pete Robins attempting what became his new route Pump Up The Jam (8c) Pigeon's Cave, North Wales., 4 kbPete Robins has just climbed an old project in Pigeon's Cave, on the Great Orme, Llandudno, to give Pump up the Jam, 8c.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68118
 kristian Global Crag Moderator 11 Jun 2013
In reply to UKC News:
<It is unclear who first bolted the line but Kristian Klemmow and Mark Katz, both very strong climbers, had both tried the line with little success in the past.>

I would just like to correct a few points in this paragraph.

a) My surname is spelt with a Cornish C.

b) Very Strong. Very inaccurate description, Mark was the strong one. I had only done 8a at the time!

c) Little success. I did quite well on it actually. It was incredibly difficult finding a belay back in 98/9. Sport climbing was not very popular around there at the time. I think holds have come off since then anyway.
In reply to kristian: Sorry about that Kristian, saw your surname spelt elsewhere with a 'K'. Will edit that now. How well did you do on it?

Cheers,

Dunc
 kristian Global Crag Moderator 11 Jun 2013
In reply to Duncan Campbell - UKC:
No problem. Thanks for putting that right.

It just came down to one very hard move. The rest of it was ok and the start was nearly always wet. Then I moved to the Peak.
CJDavies 12 Jun 2013
In reply to UKC News:

It's old school public knowledge who bolted this (I don't even do routes) - good effort Mr Clem. I belayed you on this a long while back, and you cruised both sections, and where only dropping the match into the break/seam.

Also - I remember you applied the resin to the seepage? It's amazing what people forget.

Nice line, can't see why the 'wasn't sure what to grade it' issue (yawn). It's been deemed 8c since around 1999.
 mr mills 12 Jun 2013
In reply to kristian: Hi Kristian,

I remember belaying you on this route and you had it wired, remember it being wet a few times though...

mills.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...