UKC

NEWS: Records Smashed on the 2022 Montane Summer Spine Race

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 22 Jun 2022

With two truly dominant displays of form, Tiaan Erwee and Anna Troup created an unassailable lead from early on in the race, finishing well ahead of the competition. As if the win weren't enough, both smashed the respective men's and women's Summer Spine records, making for another memorable year.

Read more

samuel_w 22 Jun 2022
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

A big shout out & massive well done to Lauren Johnson, who won the women’s race on the Summer Spine Challenger. Lauren took a little over 1.5 hours off the women’s record, building a massive gap overnight of 2.5 hours over second woman, Maireed Okeefe, & finishing 12th overall in the process. Lauren is an a club mate of mine at Notts-based Holme Pierrepont RC (not the hilliest part of the country by any stretch) & clearly had an absolute stormer of a run!

In reply to samuel_w:

Funnily enough I met Lauren on a Pennine Way recce a few weeks ago and sent her a message when I heard she'd won, as it was a truly outstanding effort.

I'll get her result, and the results from the rest of the Spine Summer Series, added tomorrow. I'd have liked to have done this within today's report but have been a little short on time.

samuel_w 22 Jun 2022
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Yes, a fantastic effort from Lauren. I’m not sure but I think this might be her first race win - if so, that’s quite a race to win! There’s a nice short interview with her on the race Facebook page, where she shows impressive lucidity after 30 hours of running (for context, I was talking gibberish after bobbing under 3 hours for the marathon!)

She’s a great ambassador for the club too, being Vice Chair & having been part of team getting sessions up & running in a covid-safe way when restrictions allowed. 

In reply to samuel_w:

Hi Samuel, just a quick message to confirm that I've updated the news report to include both the Challenger and the Sprint results. I'm also in touch with Lauren to see if we can get an interview on site, as it'd be great to hear more about her experiences along the way.

Toerag 30 Jun 2022
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

Anyone wishing to race Tian should sign up for the GUN31 & GU36 which he normally does. Only 20 places left for next year's GU36.  https://www.greenrockevents.com/?fbclid=IwAR0Q2PbW7FGkiOqN73UD1fGHiIqlCxR3T...

Post edited at 23:25

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...