UKC

VIDEO: Respect the Rock - Raven Tor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 29 Sep 2021

The next video in the BMC's Respect the Rock series covers sport climbing at Raven Tor, the classic limestone crag in the Peak District, home to the famous Hubble 9a and some of the country's hardest sport climbs.

Steve McClure and Molly Thompson-Smith explain how to climb and park responsibly and safely at this popular venue. 

Read more

UKB Shark 29 Sep 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Thanks for giving this prominence UKC and well done BMC for producing it. 

Only one point from me (and it’s nothing to do with helmets 🤣) and it is that while there might be space for a few more cars a bit further down the road this is in a clearway so you shouldn’t park in them (anglers very guilty of this too) 

This is highlighted in the BMC Regional Access Database (RAD) 

“There's space for a few more cars further down the road near the bridge, but this is past the clearway sign so parking here is potentially liable to prosecution and is located on a bend,  so too many vehicles can (and has) caused hazardous obstruction”

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/rad/view.aspx?id=4398

Thanks, Simon

PeterR 30 Sep 2021
In reply to UKC News:

There's a certain irony in making a strong (entirely sensible) point about 'being aware of loose rock' and then being shown belaying (below said rock) helmet-less :/

UKB Shark 01 Oct 2021
In reply to UKB Shark:

Not much respect at the Tor this morning with draws left in Revelations. ☹️

I'll take them out if still there when I next go back on Monday. 

Draw leaving seems to be on the increase this year.

TobyA 01 Oct 2021
In reply to UKB Shark:

How many times do you think it would take to get people not to leave quickdraws, if you were strip them and then sell them off on ebay (all monies to a worth charity)?

UKB Shark 01 Oct 2021
In reply to TobyA:

Two wrongs making a right? 

Andy Hardy 01 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Looks like Molly did all the heavy lifting in that vid. Steve was just decoration in the background!

Andy Farnell 01 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Steve checking the guide book is about as realistic as a Tory party political broadcast 😆

Andy F

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...