UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Rob Matheson 50 Years On - Tarkus (E2 5c)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 07 Oct 2022

Following on from the popular Friday Night Video where we followed 'angry pensioner' Rob Matheson on an ascent of Catacomb (E1 5b), we join him again at Dow Crag where he looks to climb Tarkus (E2 5c), 50 years after he made the first ascent.

Read more

In reply to UKC News:

Yet another great little film.

Not sure why they chose the name ''angry pensioner productions " he seems like a top bloke, I wonder what he gets angry about.

biscuit 08 Oct 2022
In reply to UKC News:

I’m loving this series. 

neilh 08 Oct 2022
In reply to UKC News:

So solid a climber .Incredible strong hands  and excellent footwork. Totally agree with his comments on rock shoes. 

Enty 08 Oct 2022
In reply to UKC News:

A pleasure to watch these. Catacomb and Tarkus were my first Dow routes in about 1987.

E

Jon Stewart 08 Oct 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Best climbing videos on YouTube by a mile.

I don't think I got either of those two runners in on the start, just a low one in the slot where you start, so I found the route quite scary. Must look harder next time!

Michael Hood 09 Oct 2022
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Not watched this one yet but they are great videos, he climbs smoothly and talks sense.

50 years on from my first climb I intend to go back and repeat it, only 2 years to go but a tad easier than Mr Matheson Needle Ridge (VD)

Cog 09 Oct 2022
In reply to Jon Stewart:

> Best climbing videos on YouTube by a mile.

Great video and smooth climbing.

> I don't think I got either of those two runners in on the start, just a low one in the slot where you start, so I found the route quite scary. Must look harder next time!

I remember it being bold and I didn't find any runners until I was fairly high up. It was E1 in my guidebook at the time, did it in 1989. Saw Tarkus on stage in Glasgow in the 70s.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...