UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Robbie Phillips - What We Do In The Shadows (E10 7a)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 26 Nov 2021

This week's Friday Night Video follows Robbie Phillips on his mission to make the first ascent of What we do in the Shadows (E10 7a) at Duntelchaig. He found the route after the first lockdown and spent the next winter training specifically for the project. The film delves into Robbie's preparation but also the challenges in dealing with his devastating personal circumstances along the way.

Read more

Suncream 26 Nov 2021
In reply to UKC News:

If you liked that (or even if you didn't), watch DM's complementary film:

youtube.com/watch?v=IZVFGxyCejo&

It's incredible we regularly get films like this for free.

Post edited at 17:40
 65 26 Nov 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant. His Dad would be so proud too.

Ger_the_gog 27 Nov 2021
In reply to UKC News:

What a brilliant video, and such a good name for the route.

I can somewhat relate to his circumstances but rather than being a young climber at the top of his game putting up a fantastic new route, I'm an out of shape old barsteward who decided to try his first route in over 20 years (Direct Route, Milestone Buttress) to help build some confidence after a particularly challenging time. 

It wouldn't have made a very good video but it felt every bit as good (to me). Fantastic stuff.

simes303 27 Nov 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Now that was a really good video. Unlike others I've seen recently.

Simon.

EmilyN 28 Nov 2021
In reply to UKC News:

What a beautiful film Robbie. Excellently put together and beautiful to see someone so willing to share and be vulnerable. How wonderful to see two guys support each other. This film stands out from the rest. Thank you for your generosity, pyshe and honesty Robbie!

Moacs 28 Nov 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Route completion dialogue stolen from "When Harry met Sally"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...