UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Sean McColl - Training Video

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 08 Aug 2012
Sean McColl Training, 4 kbIn this short video from Canadian competition climber Sean McColl, we see Sean training at a private wall in Chamonix, France.

He takes us through his regime, with circuits, core exercises, pull ups and push ups.

If you want to find out how one of the world's top climbers trains, and if you want inspiration for your own work-out, then this could be the video for you.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=4824

Fraser 08 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC Articles:

Looks pretty hard-core! Not sure if I could manage any of those drills but it made interesting viewing.
 Tobias at Home 08 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: don't think the wall is private is it jack? pretty sure any one can walk in and join.
 galpinos 08 Aug 2012
In reply to Tobias at Home:

It looks like the PGHM wall to me which used to be private, well, not open to the general public? (I'm talking 8 years ago though....)
 Tobias at Home 08 Aug 2012
In reply to galpinos: yes, its the EMHM. it is definitely open to the public (maybe just in winter though?) lots of us go down there in the evenings.
 brynbobaggins 10 Aug 2012

Nice little session... I'm knackered now
 owensum 29 Aug 2012

there's a MASSIVE debate about the usefulness of this workout at climbingnarc:

http://climbingnarc.com/videos/sean-mccoll-training/
 _MJC_ 29 Aug 2012
In reply to owensum: Really interesting reading there.
 Fraser 29 Aug 2012
In reply to owensum:

From memory, that was mostly about the workout not having 'scientific research' to corroborate its effectiveness. My argument (with myself that is) was that just because someone hasn't done the 'science' part, doesn't mean it doesn't work.

McColl did/does it, it seems to work for him, it got him the results. That's what counts in my book.
 owensum 31 Aug 2012

Yeah agreed. Mccoll is strong as sh#t and he didnt get that way by sitting on his ass debating whether or not doing front levers will be the most efficient way of sending 9a.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...