UKC

NEWS: Second Ascent of Purgatory E8 7b by David Murray

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 12 Dec 2017
David Murray has made the second ascent of Adam Watson's Purgatory (E8 7b) at Back Bowden, Northumberland; a short, bold route, which starts up Lost Cause and moves left to rise up the blunt arête to the right of Transcendence.

Read more
 Tyler 12 Dec 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent. Is the flake he initially rocks up onto the same one that you rock up onto on Lost Cause?
In reply to Tyler:
In the first paragraph it says: "a short, bold route, which starts up Lost Cause and moves left to rise up the blunt arête to the right of Transcendence" - as such I'd presume so.

On a separate and completely unrelated note, seeing that pic of the rope behind David's leg is enough to give me nightmares...

Good effort!
Post edited at 20:56
 bensilvestre 13 Dec 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Amazing line!
 kwoods 13 Dec 2017
In reply to UKC News:

That just looks awesomely hard!
 Michael Gordon 13 Dec 2017
In reply to kwoods:

Unfortunately the video makes it look ridiculously easy (for 7b!) since it doesn't show the angle, and he's up it in about 10 seconds. A lot of these short hard routes I think have to really be seen in the flesh to appreciate them properly.
 kwoods 13 Dec 2017
In reply to Michael Gordon:

Sure, the video itself doesn't make it obvious, but if you say font 8A+ and runout; I get the picture! I'm just wondering if the sole disliker thought I was being sarcastic, in fact no, exactly the opposite. Anyone who's done some hard bouldering will appreciate the level of strength and control in the video; that those move(s?) should be 7b.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...