UKC

NEWS: Shauna Coxsey's Big Weekend: MBE and Overall World Cup Win

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 13 Jun 2016
Shauna Coxsey, Megan Mascarenas and Anna Stöhr, 5 kbAll eyes were on Shauna Coxsey in the sixth round of the IFSC Boulder World Cup in Vail, Colorado this weekend - a top-three finish would secure her the overall IFSC Boulder World Cup title. However, Shauna perhaps never would have expected that partway through the event, she would be able to add three letters to her name: Shauna Coxsey MBE.

Read more
 ChrisBrooke 13 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Wow!

Very many congratulations Shauna! An awesome achievement!
mctrials23 13 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Utterly amazing and its great to see climbing achievements being recognised in the wider world.

Well done Shauna, thoroughly deserved!
In reply to UKC News:

Amazing, congrats Shauna, well deserved!
 BarrySW19 14 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

> recipient of an MBE (Most Excellent Order of the British Empire)

Hmm, sounds like a Bill and Ted award - I think they mean "Member of the Order of the British Empire".
 Bern 14 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Well done Shauna!!!
When you consider the level of competition and the dedication required this really is an outstanding achievement for a uk climber.

A most excellent award!
 galpinos 14 Jun 2016
In reply to BarrySW19:
I think they are quoting wikipedia which says, "Member of the Most Excellent Order to the British Empire".....

I've not idea if it's a pisstake, I don't remember the "Most excellent" bit being in there in my youth?
Post edited at 16:08
In reply to galpinos:

It's been on Wikipedia since the original edit in 2003.
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

https://www.gov.uk/honours/types-of-honours-and-awards would indicate the Most Excellent is a piss-take
 Ramblin dave 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

The Encyclopedia Britannica suggests that MBE is Member of the Order of the British Empire, but that the full title of the order is The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire.

This is consistent with both the Wiki article and the gov.uk page, but not the UKC article.

http://www.britannica.com/topic/The-Most-Excellent-Order-of-the-British-Emp...

Congratulations to Shauna, anyway!
In reply to Ramblin dave:

Cheers for the clarification Dave.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...