UKC

ARTICLE: So Pumpy for Old Men

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 24 Dec 2019
– “Eee lad, that were a bit chilly” – Steve on the top of La Visera, ecstatic but desperately trying no Neil Foster describes his reacquaintance with old friend Steve Bancroft as they climbed their first route together - Zulu Demente at Riglos - over 35 years after the pair first met...

Our introduction to the delights of Riglos hadn't gone according to plan. A freezing, cloudy November day deteriorated rapidly. Heavy, continuous rain swept in before the hotaches from our first route had fully subsided. It was only a single pitch 6a+ but it had felt slippery and desperate with numb fingers. Our designs on Fiesta before the week was out suddenly seemed very wide of the mark.

Read more
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 24 Dec 2019
In reply to UKC Articles:

Enjoyed that - good effort guys

Chris

Misha 24 Dec 2019

Nice one Neil and a great title. 

Dave Hewitt 24 Dec 2019
In reply to Misha:

> a great title. 

Yep, agreed - having worked in a newspaper office where headline-writing is one of the great communal/collaborative tasks, that's a good one. I suppose in an ideal world the piece would have been about Simon Yates, but you can't have everything.

jon 25 Dec 2019

Having seen Neil in his determined mode many times, I can confirm that this article contains zero artistic license I felt I was there... Looking forward to the Fiesta one!

In reply to UKC Articles: Great effort Neil!! Makes me want to get to Riglos even more now! 

steveriley 26 Dec 2019

Lovely stuff, bonkers rock. Good to know talented people fumble clip too

jazzyjackson 29 Dec 2019

Nice piece. With spoilers 😉😂

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...