UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Speed intégrale, hard 9a, by Lachat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Cedric Lachat on Speed intégrale, 9a, Voralpsee, Swizerland, 3 kbCedric Lachat, who just came back from China where he attended the Petzl RocTrip, has made the first ascent of Speed intégrale at Voralpsee, Switzerland.
The route is an extension to Beat Kammerlander's Speed, a notoriously hard for the grade 8c+, which was put up in 1995. This route finishes 3/4...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64912
 Calder 10 Nov 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Probably just being a bit thick, but this...

> "The route is an extension to Beat Kammerlander's Speed, a notoriously hard for the grade 8c+, which was put up in 1995. This route finishes 3/4 up the wall, and Cedric "simply" continued the 8a+ Lucy to the top of the crag."

... just doesn't make any sense to me. The route is an extension to Speed which finishes 3/4 of the way up the wall - that bit makes sense. I'd presume this goes to the top?

So where the hell does Lucy fit in?
 Jiduvah 10 Nov 2011
In reply to Calder: I understood it to mean he climbs the top part of Lucy after finishing Speed.
 Calder 10 Nov 2011
In reply to Jiduvah:

Right, ok. In which case, it doesn't sound all that newsworthy.
 Micky J 10 Nov 2011
In reply to Calder: Yes 9A nothing special eh .
 Matt250 11 Nov 2011
Slightly off topic but how many 9A grade routes are there globally? What about 9B, 9C etc?
 UKB Shark 11 Nov 2011
In reply to death drop:
> (In reply to Calder) Yes 9A nothing special eh .

Probably not - a sign of the times. A linkup of two old routes to nudge it to the 9a grade would be newsworthy if it was at the Tor or Malham. The most interesting snippet was that a 16 year old route was nearly 9a - that's comporable to Action Direct done only 4 year's earlier in 1991. Beat Kammerlander's name is a familiar (and unusual) name but I didnt know he was that good then.
 Jiduvah 11 Nov 2011
In reply to Matt250: there are no 9b+ or 9C. And very few 9b as there is only a small number of people that can climb that hard
 Tyler 11 Nov 2011
In reply to Jiduvah:

Well that's cleared that up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...