UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Steve McClure versus Big Brother by Keith Sharples

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 05 Jul 2007
8 million people in the UK had the opportunity to view (OTV) photos of Steve McClure on his latest super-route, Overshadow 9a+, at Malham Cove in North Yorkshire.

Keith Sharples took the photographs and explains how he got pictures of Steve in The Times, The Daily Telegraph, The Mirror, The Daily Record, The Metro and..........................UKClimbing.com

Keith writes, "There will be those amongst us that don’t want climbing turned into a media circus; there will those amongst us that thirst for more coverage and obviously there will be those amongst us that don’t care either way! The best thing about climbing is that everyone is free to enjoy their own climbing in their own way. The quiet, remote ascent that goes un-noticed, un-recorded....

Read Keith's article~: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=474

ALSO if would learn more about taking climbing action photos, there is a chance to win a master-class with Keith at the forthcoming, Cliffhanger event in Sheffield on July 14th.

TobyA 06 Jul 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: I think Big Brother was having a quiet day, not a "quite day".
 seagull 06 Jul 2007
In reply to TobyA:

And can something really stand "head and shoulders alongside" something else?!

Ah pedantry! How we love to nitpick.

Will Hunt 06 Jul 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
I must join the pedants. I cannot stand idly by and let "lunes" instead of "loons" go unmarked.

Good article though.
 Andy S 07 Jul 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: The press coverage is cool, but I would suggest it only received that press attention because there were pictures of him hanging from his feet!
 sebastien 11 Jul 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
So the guy puts on the hardest sport route ever in the UK, in your words, quite a historical events:

The guy speaks about his experience, 192 words.

The other one who seems to get horny just at the mention of OTS and other OTV speaks,...1374 words!!

Now, when getting a story to the press gets more attention than the story it-self, that is very sad...

(now I realise I may get a link to the actual story in my face quite soon...)
 stevefromstoke 13 Jul 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Fantastic too see national coverage of climibng . we tend to exist in a climbers ghetto, mediawise, so its good for the outside world too see our best at his best.

PS, God damm pedants - get a life!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...