UKC

VIDEO NEWS: Swiss even clean their mountains!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 01 Apr 2009
[Mountain cleaners wanted, 4 kb]It's not just the UK's HOLDZ that are taking advantage of EU funds to clean Europe's cliffs and boulders. See today's UK News Report 'HOLDZ' - Crag Cleaning. The squeaky clean and organised Swiss are also at it.

You can even apply for the job.

Read and watch the VIDEO at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=46744
estivoautumnal 01 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News:
Oh well done!
10 out of 10 for effort.
 Michael Ryan 01 Apr 2009
and thanks Henry Iddon.
 ChrisBrooke 01 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News: That is fantastic! Good work mountain cleaners
 Heike 01 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News:
They really do! We were stopped once going down from the Rothornhut between 8 am and 12 o'clock as path cleaning was carried out by the mountain guides!

JLS 01 Apr 2009
In reply to Heike:

I can thoroughly recommend the Swiss cleaning week. It happens every year, the 1st week in September after the Brits have gone home. I've been out to the Saas-Fee one quite a few times now.

The big advantage is the free lifts and hut nights and you are only expected to pick up a few sweet wrappers on the way down from your route.
 chris wyatt 01 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News: The swiss really are setting a good example here. Makes BMC crag cleanups look pretty disorganised and Paltry in my opinion. Come on BMC get it sorted ! ..... Just imagine those quarries in south wales polished, glowing and clean enough to eat Lavabread off
 Dave Searle 01 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News: OK I didn't know that switzerland were part of the EU. How could they use EU fund to pay for this? Funny vid tho.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...