UKC

VIDEO: The Classics - Midnight Lightning

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 14 Jun 2017
[The Classics - Midnight Lightning]
At the top the most famous big wall, below the most famous climbing camp ground and, in its centre, the most famous boulder on the planet: El Capitan, Camp 4, Midnight Lightning. Without this triumvirate, the Yosemite Valley would not be the most famous climbing area in the world! However, it was by no means easy for a boulder to rise to legendary status here in the homeland of iconic bigwalls such as Nose and Salathé.

Watch the video: http://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=3697
 Pedro50 14 Jun 2017
In reply to UKC Videos:

Great vid, Kauk still cool and amazing. In 1980 I saw Bachar do it five times in a row - I think he was being paid $50 by a TV crew to film it. I never got close.
In reply to UKC Videos:
Absolutely ****ing brilliant. The mix of the action and the music are stunning and Kauk as a wise old man (with long hair) makes this a landmark vid.
Removed User 15 Jun 2017
In reply to UKC Videos:
Awesome. Respect your elders!
Post edited at 20:43
In reply to UKC Videos:
As a Hendrix fan I was amazed that this track had passed me by - now corrected by an amazon download.
 Dave 15 Jun 2017
In reply to UKC Videos:

Enjoyed that. The guy who climbed it made it look ridiculously easy. I had a quick play on it a couple of years ago (no mat or spotter) and struggled on the first 3 moves or so. The mantel top out looks very scary...
Removed User 15 Jun 2017
In reply to UKC Videos:

Brilliant vid!
 plyometrics 16 Jun 2017
In reply to UKC Videos:

Spine tingling stuff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...