UKC

NEWS: The Great Climb - Outside Broadcast Live - new E9?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 09 Aug 2007
Some may remember 40 years ago, July 1967, when 15 million Brits were glued to their TV's for three days as Pete Crew, Dougald Haston, Joe Brown, Chris Bonnington, Tom Patey, Rusty Baillie and Ian McNaught-Davis climbed various routes up the Old Man of Hoy for a BBC outside broadcast. This was Reality TV at its finest.

Now we have The Great Climb on Saturday 18th of August.

SPECIAL REPORT at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 Norrie Muir 09 Aug 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
> Some may remember 40 years ago, July 1967

I remember coming back from a week’s climbing on Skye and the live broadcast of climbing on Old Man of Hoy was on the TV. 40 years later I will get this live broadcast recorded on DVD, as I will be away in the hills. So I hope the weather holds up.
 Marc C 09 Aug 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: From Ian McNaught-Davis in a thick woolly jumper to Araceli Segarra in a sports bra - how climbing has changed!
 thomasadixon 09 Aug 2007

Do you know what channel, what time?
OP Michael Ryan 09 Aug 2007
In reply to thomasadixon:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>
> Do you know what channel, what time?

Have you read the news report?

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/

OP Michael Ryan 09 Aug 2007
 220bpm 09 Aug 2007

I remember reading a book (McInnes?) wher he talked about another BBC OB from a Welsh sea cliff. The usual squad were there.

Was that the route in Al's quiz?
 Stig 09 Aug 2007
In reply to 220bpm: That's Television Route on Red Walls. Freed in the 70s at E4 5c (think it is E3 in the new guide?)
 thomasadixon 09 Aug 2007

Have now but I don't live in Scotland, any idea when it's on BBC2 for the rest of the UK?
 220bpm 09 Aug 2007
In reply to Stig:

Cheers Stig.

ps - how about a quick run thru suspension and damper set ups which assist trail breaking in a RWD 500bhp beast
 seagull 09 Aug 2007
In reply to thomasadixon:

You can get BBC Scotland (and all the other regional variations) through Sky (and I suppose Freeview etc).

TobyA 09 Aug 2007
In reply to Marc C:
> From Ian McNaught-Davis in a thick woolly jumper to Araceli Segarra in a sports bra - how climbing has changed!

But in such a good way!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...