UKC

NEWS: The Holy Grail: New Buachaille IX 10 by Boswell and Robertson

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 15 Jan 2018
Greg Boswell and Guy Robertson have made the first ascent of The Holy Grail, a six pitch IX 10 on Buachaille Etive Mor's Slime Wall in Glencoe. The pair climbed the first two pitches of Raven's Gully before establishing a new line leading direct up the face and through the steep roof section.

Read more
 baldie 15 Jan 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Nice read Guy, well done.

Misha 15 Jan 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Great write up and what a route!

French Erick 15 Jan 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent writing, and very inspiring!

rogerwebb 15 Jan 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Possibly the most coveted line in Glencoe.

Superb 

Post edited at 14:04
 jonnie3430 15 Jan 2018
In reply to UKC News:

However long it took to write that, it was worth it; excellent!

Matt Buchanan 15 Jan 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant!

bensilvestre 15 Jan 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Amazing line and write up. Effort!

TheGeneralist 15 Jan 2018
In reply to UKC News:

I remember working with Guy at the Kingy years ago.  He was totally obsessed with climbing history and loved to have a good long chat with Big Ian.  He loved the whole adventure and atmosphere and history of it all.  Seem to recall he only climbed about E1 at the time.

Looking at him now and what an impact he's had and the routes he's done; he must be very pleased.  Things coming round in a big circle.

Carrying the torch and all that.

Removed User 15 Jan 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Class writing in an trad style - nice nod to the old school.

Robert Durran 15 Jan 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Superb write up!

Removed User 16 Jan 2018
In reply to TheGeneralist:

> I remember working with Guy at the Kingy years ago.  He was totally obsessed with climbing history and loved to have a good long chat with Big Ian.  He loved the whole adventure and atmosphere and history of it all.  Seem to recall he only climbed about E1 at the time.

I climbed with him a bit back then, he must have been 19 or 20. 'Only climbing E1' for him meant cutting his teeth on Big Top, an evening solo of Cayman Groove, a very relaxed lead of Plague of Blazes and Shibboleth (with Tam MacAuley iirc). He'd have done Carnivore then too if I hadn't fallen off the traverse, bottled it and refused to go on. I've seen and climbed with some of the best but I've never known anyone so unshakeably cool headed and quietly determined. 

> Looking at him now and what an impact he's had and the routes he's done; he must be very pleased.  Things coming round in a big circle.

A mate back then said "If he carries on climbing he'll go on to make a name for himself." How right he was, and then some.

> Carrying the torch and all that.

Aye. And it's in safe hands with Greg carrying it on. It's magic to witness. 

Post edited at 11:43
 jazzyjackson 16 Jan 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Holy f*ckbiscuits that is absolutely insane!

What a team. Pffft

Hats off.

Adam Long 16 Jan 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Incredible, had a good look at this while doing Shibboleth back in June. Wild spot!

treesrockice 17 Jan 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Quality of the write up matches the quality of the line.
Amazing!

Sean Kelly 17 Jan 2018
In reply to jazzyjackson:

> Holy f*ckbiscuits that is absolutely insane!

I know, I know! Fancy having the nerve to go climbing with a green and purple rope together.  A total colour clash. Has anyone been in touch with the style police?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...