UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: The Long Road Home - Biking and Climbing in the south of France

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 19 Nov 2021

Earlier in the year, James Pearson and Caroline Ciavaldini embarked on a biking and climbing trip around the south of France. From Ceuse, to Orpiere, to St Leger, the couple visited some of the best crags in France during three weeks of riding with E-Bikes, trailers, and a 2-year-old!

Read more

leland stamper 20 Nov 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Madagascar or an E-bike?

simes303 22 Nov 2021
In reply to UKC News:

E-Bikes? What's wrong with using legs? These people are exceptionally fit, not elderly or disabled.

Post edited at 20:46
 Ernie 23 Nov 2021
In reply to simes303:

Tsss, why don’t you show us how you do the Ceuse approach with 50kg of toddler, trailer and gear on your normal MTB.

simes303 23 Nov 2021
In reply to Ernie:

I'd leave the bike in town and walk.

Post edited at 09:04
 jon 23 Nov 2021
In reply to Ernie:

> Tsss, why don’t you show us how you do the Ceuse approach with 50kg of toddler, trailer and gear on your normal MTB.

Yes, I think simes is forgetting that they're climbers and just don't have legs. And I suppose the uninformed and cynical might say just give it to the film crew...

GravitySucks 23 Nov 2021
In reply to jon:

Earlier in the year, Me and Mrs Gravity embarked on a biking and climbing trip around the south of our back garden despite it being the size of a postage stamp. From the begonias, to the geraniums, the rhubarb plot, we visited some of the best bits of damp earth in our suburban prison, during three minutes of walking without the assistance of with E-Bikes, trailers, and small children! The five hour epic video of our summer holiday will be available in full 4K glory shortly. Plans are already afoot to visit the front garden and share the experience with you all early next year so make a note in your diaries !

Lankyman 23 Nov 2021
In reply to GravitySucks:

What category will it be entered in at Kendal 2022?

simes303 23 Nov 2021
In reply to jon:

> Yes, I think simes is forgetting that they're climbers and just don't have legs. And I suppose the uninformed and cynical might say just give it to the film crew...

Yes the film crew. Which probably made the carbon footprint of the holiday larger than just the two and a baby driving around in a small car, despite the claim at the start of the video that they were using bikes to reduce that footprint.

simes303 23 Nov 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> What category will it be entered in at Kendal 2022?

Most boring category, or dreariest narration maybe.

TheGeneralist 23 Nov 2021
In reply to simes303:

Can't decide if you're taking the piss or not. Was there a film crew?

Liked that vid a lot. As usual for their stuff.

Intrigued how they will manage two kids and kit on the bikes.

simes303 23 Nov 2021
In reply to TheGeneralist:

You liked it? You are very, VERY easily pleased. That video is dreadful.

And going by your "best ever climbing experience" on your profile you really don't give a crap about carbon footprints or climate change.

Post edited at 17:01
 Bulls Crack 23 Nov 2021
In reply to simes303:

> E-Bikes? What's wrong with using legs? These people are exceptionally fit, not elderly or disabled.

So that's who  e-bikes are 'for' then? Well, well.....that's me told. 

In reply to Bulls Crack:

Yeah, told me too, here's me feeling pleased I use mine instead of the car a lot now...

simes303 24 Nov 2021
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

> Yeah, told me too, here's me feeling pleased I use mine instead of the car a lot now...

That's great, it's better than driving a car, but again, what's wrong with using your legs? I had a full hip replacement on 22nd of September and I've cycled over 130 miles since then. I wouldn't have dreamed of getting an E-Bike instead. It's just plain lazy.

My physiotherapist agreed with me, so I must be right.

(That last bit was very much tongue in cheek). (But he did agree with me).

Post edited at 13:17
 65 25 Nov 2021
In reply to simes303:

When you've followed that up with doing routes as hard as James and Caro do I'll give your views on this some consideration. 

Post edited at 10:56

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...