UKC

NEW ARTICLE: The Only Genuine Jones

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 21 Mar 2013
Just after the Basin on Orion Face Direct, Ben Nevis, 2 kbAlex Roddie's new novel The Only Genuine Jones is a fictionalised alternative history of mountaineering. In this exclusive extract our hero Jones pre-empts history by about 60 years to make a bold early attempt on the Orion Face of Ben Nevis, armed with a newfangled ice climbing technique

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=5331
 Hillseeker 21 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC Articles:
Got this on the Kindle. An excellent read! Gives a real sense of the adventurous nature of climbing and exploring back in the day.
 climb the peak 21 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC Articles: Cannot recommend this book enough. Well written and suspense full.
 Only a hill 21 Mar 2013
Thanks for your support guys, I really appreciate it!

TGO are reviewing the book in their next issue (out April the 4th) so let's hope they like it

If anyone would like a signed copy, please PM me--I still have a few left in stock.
andic 21 Mar 2013

Well on the strength of the taster I just read I think I will have to get hold of a copy.

Well done Alex
 jazzyjackson 21 Mar 2013

Nice writing Alex. Looks great! : )
 Sutty22 21 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC Articles: Another positive review here. I loved this book, I only wish there were more like it.
 Only a hill 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Sutty22:
Thank you You'll be glad to hear that I am hard at work on a new book, but it won't be ready for about a year. There is also another Jones novel in the pipeline.
 malky_c 21 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC Articles: top stuff. I ordered this when you were promoting it on the forums last autumn. Good read, had me flicking back through the history section of the Ogwen and Carneddau climbing guide for some of the real stories!
 Only a hill 22 Mar 2013
In reply to malky_c: Thanks for your support. Glad it was an inspiration!
Rally pleased to see many people are liking it, hope people who have just discovered the book enjoy it to.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...