UKC

NEWS: The Walk of Life E9, by Calum Muskett and Tom Randall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 08 Feb 2023

Calum Muskett and Tom Randall talk us through their ascents of James Pearson's The Walk of Life, E9.

Read more

In reply to UKC News:

Amazing work by those guys. Here's a thought though..It was said in the article that quite a few holds broke off in the attempts. Does that maybe mean the grade has gone up? If enough holds break off then maybe one day it will be the E12 it was once proclaimed to be! Well... maybe not

Sean Kelly 08 Feb 2023
In reply to UKC News:

Amazing climbing in the original James Pearson film. That fall...I was not expecting that. The South West has a good few routes with 50/60 mtr runouts, so you require  lot of stamina on first acquaintance. Climbs like Matchless, Burning Bridges, Equipoise and New Horizion. All very long pitches. But no matter what the grade, its what makes South West climbing so great. The bit about pumped toes I recognise. It's not always about the fingers. Thanks for posting.

Post edited at 18:37
 Arms Cliff 08 Feb 2023
In reply to UKC News:

Sounds like Rob G is up for an ascent next with his strong legs

HeMa 09 Feb 2023
In reply to Sean Kelly:

> ...The South West has a good few routes with 50/60 mtr runouts...

So solos then.

Or did you mean 50/60m long routes with long runouts.

In reply to Arms Cliff:

> Sounds like Rob G is up for an ascent next with his strong legs

Strong on legs, weak on fingers 😅

Sean Kelly 09 Feb 2023
In reply to HeMa:

Well some are run out but we certainly seem to have our fair share of 50/60 mtr pitches, as per my examples.

HeMa 09 Feb 2023
In reply to Sean Kelly:

> Well some are run out but we certainly seem to have our fair share of 50/60 mtr pitches, as per my examples.

How many of them have 50-60m runouts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...