UKC

NEWS: Tom Randall Climbs Anna Kournikova 8b+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 02 Jul 2013
Tom, bouldering the desperate Desiderata, 4 kbCrack maestro, Tom Randall has just made the first ascent of Anna Kournikova, an 8b+ crack in Orco Valley, Italy, a place well known for it's crack climbing. 

Tom originally discovered the project in the late 2000s with Pete Whittaker, but niether could do the very difficult start of the route,...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68174
 Morgan Woods 02 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

nice....have these guys had a go on Cobra Crack yet?
 IainWhitehouse 02 Jul 2013
In reply to Morgan Woods: They're off to spank or to be spanked shortly.
In reply to UKC News:

For God's sake, when are climbers going to grow up? Naming crack routes after hot female celebrities is not big and it's not clever.

jcm
silo 02 Jul 2013
In reply to johncoxmysteriously: I'm guessing miss Ak wouldn't give two hoots if a climb was named after her!
In reply to silo:

I'm guessing she wouldn't. It's possible other female climbers wouldn't feel the same, though. Not that I care about them - it's distasteful to me, and that's what counts, obviously.

jcm
 snoop6060 02 Jul 2013
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

What about hot male celebrities, is that ok?
In reply to snoop6060:

More OK, certainly.

A small but unpleasant part of the patriarchy, innit? Mick R will understand, I'm sure.

jcm
 Skyfall 02 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Anyway, driving home to AC/DC is always good
 Ally Smith 02 Jul 2013
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> For God's sake, when are climbers going to grow up? Naming crack routes after hot female celebrities is not big and it's not clever.

You won't want to see who various baggy hand jams in Tom's cellar are named after then...

Tom Last 02 Jul 2013
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> For God's sake, when are climbers going to grow up? Naming crack routes after hot female celebrities is not big and it's not clever.
>
> jcm

That quite passed me by, I misread it as Anna Karenina!
 simes303 02 Jul 2013
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
>
> jcm

I'm not sure if you actually mean that or not.
 Michael Gordon 02 Jul 2013
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
>
>

I'm sure he's enjoying the headline

Yanis Nayu 02 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News: Can you both be a climber AND grow up?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...