UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Triple Bill - Fontainebleau

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 13 Nov 2009
[Tyler Landman in Font from the film Between The Trees, 3 kb]Keith Bradbury (aka Unclesomebody) has just released his latest film Between The Trees.

The film documents the trip of a lifetime to Fontainebleau from the young bouldering sensation Tyler Landman. In a single trip Tyler seems to have ticked every hard boulder in the forest.

Here we have three teasers from the film.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=50327
 Spike 13 Nov 2009
In reply to UKC News:

great taster vids. I partic like the bit where he says - some days you're not feeling like climbing hard stuff so you just climb 7a all day long. I wish! Seems like a talented guy and not overly self interested.
sc9 13 Nov 2009
In reply to UKC News:

"sloper to sloper...hold the swing. Font in a nutshell" *cuts to bellyflop finish*
In reply to UKC News:

It is a fantastic film and well worth getting on the HL download option.

You can see how much effort Keith has put into this from the very start with a unique intro sequence, good comedy/humour at the right time(s) and a great selection of footage building up to Ty crushing some very hard blocs. It is pretty staggering watching him float up one hard testpiece after another.

The soundtrack is a nice selection of tunes and against the generic use of d&b/hip hop for a lot of recent bouldering films... which will likely make it appeal to a wider audience.

I'd say it sets the bar for home made bouldering movies and I hope he makes a decent wedge to put into the next one (+ afford another trip out there to finish off gecko assis)
 220bpm 16 Nov 2009
In reply to UKC News:

I've ordered my copy.

If the first one is anything to go by, this should be tops
 Adders 16 Nov 2009
In reply to UKC News: film teasers look really good. no sound at work so I hope theres not too much banging techno Keith!
Really nicely shot. it flows well. I look forward to watching it in full soon.

Listy 16 Nov 2009
In reply to Richard Hession:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
>
>"and I hope he makes a decent wedge to put into the next one (+ afford another trip out there to finish off gecko assis)"

I suppose that will depend on how many people prefer the "blag it off your mate" option to the "put some money in the guys pocket so he can do another one" option....!!! I know getting it for free feels like a bonus but so many people should give a thought to the poor sod funding these if they want to see more!!!

The HD download is resonable I reckon, given the cost of most climbing DVD's these days is always £20..... Cheaper than the Progression download I got last week also!

Excellent movie.

doylo 16 Nov 2009
In reply to UKC News:

I highly recommend getting this. It is better than the first film and theres not that much banging techno, quite a varied soundtrack actually. Great seeing a Brit crush font like this.
In reply to UKC News:

Those tasters lead me to the Take a Look video, brilliant.
vimeo.com/4746721
 Alun 21 Nov 2009
In reply to UKC News:
I downloaded the HD video and watched it this evening. This in itself is a minor triumph: I enjoy bouldering and love Font, but rarely like watching other people bouldering on video. The reason I bought the film was that was downloadable and good value, digital distribution is awesome.

It is a good film, I enjoyed watching it, even though as I say I'm usually not a big bouldering film fan. I'll certainly keep an eye out for Keith's future films.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...