UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Troll Wall - An Unforgiving Climb up Europe's Highest Wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 22 Oct 2021

This week's Friday Night Video follows Pete Whittaker and Mari Augusta Salvesen up the Troll Wall in the Romsdalen valley, Norway. The wall is the tallest vertical rock face in Europe but the danger of the wall doesn't come from the difficulty, steepest or height but from the quality of the rock...

Read more

freeheel47 23 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Great video for so many reasons. Hard / dangerous climbing- but presented in a gentle way with the highlighted problem being a mild viral illness! Even the sound track was mello. I wonder if some close ups of the alpine flowers would have also added (I'm really not joking)?

Hilarious last line "I wouldn't personally recommend anybody climb it."

Type 2 "Fun"?

Also great background about the times they didn't go- the best decisions I'm sure are those sort- too dangerous- we won't go - even though we planned / came all this way. Sooo much better / wiser / intelligent (and heroic) to not get into a situation- have an epic / accident than to heroically recover from one.

arose 23 Oct 2021
In reply to freeheel47:

Totally agree.  One of the best films I've seen on climbing in a long time.  Two people out for an adventure with some real honest commentary

tehmarks 23 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

I love watching Pete's videos. I think he's one of the most down-to-earth and entertaining climbers publishing content, and highly recommended anyone who enjoyed this go and seek out the Wide Boyz YouTube channel to find more adventurous mentalism like it.

MisterPiggy 24 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Loved it. Thank you.

A cracking trip with well matched duo.

Looking forward to more. 

jimmy_moose 29 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Enjoyed/feared/enjoyed, YouTube autoplayed into https://www.google.com/search?q=feather+in+the+west and this I loved Donegal, ppl climbing sea cliffs and sea stacks, perfect Friday night vid.

pneame 30 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

A gripping place. It’s amazing that there is some easy ground. Quite an eye opener. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...