UKC

QUIZ: UKC Christmas Climbing Quiz 2017

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 25 Dec 2017
UKC Christmas Quiz, 4 kbAre you ready for the 2017 UKC Christmas quiz? Escape the merry mayhem and put your 'encyclopaedic' knowledge to the test. There will be guidebooks and t-shirts up for grabs in a raffle for entrants.

Read more
 jon 25 Dec 2017
In reply to UKC Articles:

When I click on this it tells me I've already filled in the quiz... I haven't. Humbug.
 andi turner 25 Dec 2017
In reply to jon:
Same here.
 Trangia 25 Dec 2017

When I click, nothing happens. It won't open
 deacondeacon 25 Dec 2017
Same. Enjoyed this last year too
 Pedro50 25 Dec 2017

21 correct. Early leader! Happy Christmas.
In reply to jon:

Doh, that's a bug. The results are saved in a new database now but that message is still looking at last years. If you fill in the answers your score will indeed go on this years leaderboard.

Edit: Sorted

Post edited at 08:50
 Michael Hood 25 Dec 2017
In reply to Pedro50:
Sorry, have now taken the lead with 50%.

Couldn't be bothered to even try the anagrams; didn't suprise myself with some of the photos I recognised - sado

Seasons greetings to all.
Post edited at 08:50
 Pedro50 25 Dec 2017
In reply to Michael Hood:

> Couldn't be bothered to even try the anagrams.

Same here. Did one.

Michael Gordon 25 Dec 2017
In reply to Michael Hood:
The anagrams would be better if you knew whether they related to a route, person, mountain etc rather than just any of those.

Found this quiz pretty hard!
Post edited at 10:14
 BenedictIEP 25 Dec 2017

20. Nails. Recon some smart arse will get the lot though.
 Misha 25 Dec 2017
The first winter crag has two entries in the database - one seems to be for the summit, the other for the crag itself. Can’t really tell when selecting it so easy to pick the wrong one - I must have done as it said I got the answer wrong.

Some of the questions were quite easy, others very hard. Guess it depends what news you’ve followed and if you’re any good at anagrams!
Post edited at 20:38
I have submitted an entry - is there any way I can save the quiz to look at later.
In reply to Michael Gordon:

That's not a bad shout... next year

In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

Do you mean save your current answers and submit it to the leaderboard at a later date?

mark s 26 Dec 2017

I got 10 right but if it isn't grit I don't really know about it
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:
No, out of pure curiosity I just wanted to save it to try and answer the questions I couldn't get and check on the ones I got wrong. I assume that your system would stop me from re-submitting!

OK, I'll build that into the system for the next quiz. You can submit multiple times at the moment by the way. It'll show you a score and your right/wrong answers but it only saves to the score to leaderboard on the first submission.

In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:
Thanks - I screen - shot the anagrams to work on with pen & paper which was useful. Great quiz by the way.
Post edited at 08:36
 BFG 27 Dec 2017

Currently stuck on the anagrams; doing the same as you working them out with pen and paper. Not knowing what they refer to makes this rather hard.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...