UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Adam Ondra climbs Fight or flight, 9b

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 11 Feb 2013
Adam Ondra on La Dura Dura, 9b+, Oliana, 5 kbJust one day after his first ascent of La dura, dura, 9b+, at Oliana, Adam Ondra made the 2nd ascent of Chris Sharma's Fight or flight, 9b, at the same crag.
Looking at what Adam has done during the last 6 months, I would say there is no doubt he has now clearly stepped into the next realm. What...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67810
 ChrisBrooke 11 Feb 2013
In reply to UKC News: Wow! He doesn't even make it look that hard! Another day at the office...incredible. Amazing dyno at 4.30ish. Especially considering the run-out. Balls of steel as well as fingers of steel.
xyz 11 Feb 2013
In reply to UKC News:

To Parody the infamous Ben Moon quote I guess Ondra could rightly say "9b+ isnt really that hard anymore and 9b is approaching a rest"
 owensum 11 Feb 2013
In reply to ChrisBrooke:
>Wow! He doesn't even make it look that hard! Another day at the office...incredible. Amazing dyno at 4.30ish. Especially considering the run-out. Balls of steel as well as fingers of steel.

It often seems that watching talented climbers on routes/problems at their limit, they either execute everything perfectly and it looks smooth and effortless, or they fall off (and scream).

Id be wary of interpreting a run-out like this in terms of danger. Its very overhanging and he's in no danger of hitting anything on the way down. But its a lot of air, just requires your head being screwed on a little different.
 Robert Durran 15 Feb 2013
In reply to owensum:
> It often seems that watching talented climbers on routes/problems at their limit, they either execute everything perfectly and it looks smooth and effortless, or they fall off (and scream).

Except that in this case, it looks like a lot of effort with a lot of screaming but without falling off.
 AJM 15 Feb 2013
In reply to Robert Durran:

Very true, but it's a lot of effort executed very well, if you see what I mean - most of the time even when he is trying really hard the setup for the moves looks impeccable and so from the second or so of footage before the critical move you wouldn't be able to tell if it was a shot from the successful go or another failure.I guess on climbing that dynamic and powerful that's as smooth as you could hope for...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...