UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Brits in Spain - Sport Climbing Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 02 Apr 2009
[Gaz F8a 320, 5 kb]Gaz Parry has been spearheading a Spanish sport climbing scene, which has culminated in some impressive British ascents.

Gaz himself has ticked another F8c, with an ascent of Malsonando at Gandia (see video).

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=46766

Morgan Woods 02 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News:

good to see them uncovering some hard climbing in CB, and good to see Leah back on a rope.
 Morgan Woods 02 Apr 2009
In reply to Morgan Woods:

and on the subject of harder stuff in the CB can i put in a vote for one of the best 7b's i've tried which is at Aventador:

http://www.rockfax.com/databases/r.php?i=12928

would love to back and finish it off (nice to see some old school grades too as this would get 7b+ in Chorro!). Nice crag in a very pleasant situation which can be good for a few routes if you're runing out of stuff at Gandia.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 02 Apr 2009
In reply to Morgan Woods:

Nice if a touch over-long video. I was distracted by all the goats in the cave though - really irritating - almost sounded like they were encouraging Gaz which was odd.

Chris

DanielJ 02 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News: Impressive yes, but spearheading?
If you use spearhead in the sense I do it gotta be a very blunt and broad spearhead. In the spanish sport scene OS fr8a and redpoint 8c doesnt really seem to be that special unless you´re in mid teens. But maybe it´s just a lingual misunderstanding from my side? If not it looks like a post-colonial "Rule Britannia" kind of statement.

Morgan Woods 02 Apr 2009
In reply to slob:

i tend to agree so maybe if it said that Gaz was spearheading some british ascents in spain rather than spearheading the whole spanish sport climbing scene then that might be more correct but then we would be getting a little bit pedantic.
 Tophe 02 Apr 2009
those people shouting encouragement really annoyed me, he's not a dog.
 Sam Mayfield 02 Apr 2009
In reply to iamchris:

I will tell the girls you said that tomorrow when I fly back to Spain. I must say I agree though, maybe Kate did get a little carried away.

:0) Sam Orange
 Sandy Holford 02 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Ye...not sure he is leading from the fore as far as spanish routes go. maybe the current british attempts.

and on another note, could the girl with the camera have been any more annoying?
 creag 02 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News:

come on Gaz, come on Gaz, COME ON GAZ, COME ON GAZ!!!

Say it enough times and it takes on another meaning!!
 auld al 03 Apr 2009
In reply to creag: LooL
In reply to UKC News:

My goodness, some of you people get irritated easily. It's a bunch of mates shouting encouragement at a climber FFS. They're not doing for artistic reasons. You never been at a crag with a group of friends and someone going for a big redpoint?

jcm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...